This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

Default Re: WG made me throw up in a mouth a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    The only thing I've read that's ever done that to me is the story "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk. And that physically made me gag.
    Shasta, you're bringing back unpleasant memories for me there...I was listening to that "Guts" story on audiobook and I felt myself getting faint. Unfortunately I was driving so I actually had to pull over and put my head down on the wheel for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Todevod View Post
    The story of Roland's past in Wizard and Glass is my favorite part in DT. It gets better!
    I didn't think anything in it was bad, it's my favorite book in the series, and one of my most well loved of all King's works.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

The part about Rhea of the Coos was pretty disgusting, that ol' witch! Poor Susan for having to endure that!

I'm reading this book now, and I'm on page 400 or so. It's slightly weird to read

all the sexual activity taking place in the life of a 16 year old girl and a 14 year old boy, but it's tastefully written and extremely compelling.

This is the first I've read of any of King's works and I love it. But I never knew he could be so erotic.

Quote Originally Posted by travilanche View Post
    I'm reading this book now, and I'm on page 400 or so. It's slightly weird to read

all the sexual activity taking place in the life of a 16 year old girl and a 14 year old boy, but it's tastefully written and extremely compelling.

This is the first I've read of any of King's works and I love it. But I never knew he could be so erotic.
    Yeah, W&G is pretty erotic. It always makes me realize how forever alone I am.

Yes, Stephen King can be very erotic.

Hijack!

I am trying to think of other books.

When I started reading WG I too missed Eddie. That's why, to me, this book is so important. Before I read this book, the character in the DT series I cared most for was Eddie. After WG, I am far more emotionally attached to Roland.

I was really impressed with the writing in that part of the book. I loved Wizard and Glass as much as I have loved any other book. As you continue reading, you will also feel this way. I am reading Wind Through the Keyhole now, and it is a good read so far.

Add me to the party that absolutely loved this story from the start. I loved the ka-tet as much as the next but I was ready to step back and learn more about Roland's back story. It just brings together so much and answers so many questions. The characters were highly developed and the action nonstop. My opinion of who Roland is completely changed now.
    I must say I am loving the way King's works have become intertwined. Particularly in regards to the many faces of Randall Flagg and the references to other story lines. Looking forward to the rest.

Paul Joseph, Have you read 'Salems Lot? Do so !!

And Welcome to the boards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast