Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Derry in 11/22/63 - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Derry in 11/22/63

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Default Re: Derry in 11/22/63

Just because it pertially relates to this thread...

King has few Naysayers in His publishing world. That's a damnshame.

Obvious by the belaboring of the "Glee Kids from It: The Interlude" scene.

That should have been ..."handled" a better, given the gravity and the fans of the Source.

It was familiar, but embarrassing. Didn't those silly ****s (pardon the poon), having gone through what they did, maybe have possibly given up on their cutesy-wootsey phrases. Or maybe not, they still cling to them 'cause that's all the sanity they still have after the experience.

NVM, I'm nuts.

The cool thing?

I sink.

Quote Originally Posted by doowopgirl View Post
    I actually love it when SK links parts of books. It makes for an SK universe that I spend as much time as possible in. The scene in Derry was very heavy with atmosphere. The other bits that turn up in 11/22/63 just made me love it more. I have just started Wolves of the Calla and found SK put himself in there. Hey, it's his book and if you can't put yourself in your own book, then I just don't know.
    I agree with you, I also love it when a book is linked to the DT saga, but it was (for me anyway) just jarring when I came upon this part in 11/22/63.

I agree! I couldn't put the book down during the Derry section. It was so unsettling.

I can't get enough of the connections.It's great when you've been reading an authors works for 15 years,then all of a sudden you notice that some of the books are connected and you then spend the next 15 years looking for the connections in his new material.It makes re-reads even more compelling.I'm re-reading Insomnia at the moment.I'm more obsessed with SK's books now than I have ever been.(Insomnia spoiler)

Someone mentioned that Ralph Roberts is in 11/22/63,my next task is to see if I can find it

I loved when he was in old school derry! The conversation with the kids really made the book for me.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

I do not think that Our Derry should have been revisited so damn Glee-fully. He didn't have to (and shouldn't have, but no one was there to tell Him) keep that dumbass scene. Poor style. Lack of judicious editing.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Thankee Sai King! And if I am not mistaken, Kingricefan, there was a clue to 11/22/63 in the DT books.

a certain door they passed in the tunnels.
    Yes! When I recently did my re-read of the DT series, it was not long after I'd read 11/22/63, and I noticed all kinds of mentions, brewing ideas, of it. Like

the door, as you mentioned, and also Eddie I think it was, though it could've been someone else, thought about what if someone went back in time to save JFK.
    I like how all the stories connect in little ways, myself. Makes me feel included in the importance, makes me happy And I liked visiting Derry again, getting that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and seeing the kids again...

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    I can't get enough of the connections.It's great when you've been reading an authors works for 15 years,then all of a sudden you notice that some of the books are connected and you then spend the next 15 years looking for the connections in his new material.It makes re-reads even more compelling.I'm re-reading Insomnia at the moment.I'm more obsessed with SK's books now than I have ever been.(Insomnia spoiler)

Someone mentioned that Ralph Roberts is in 11/22/63,my next task is to see if I can find it
    I am in total agreement I love the little connections, like getting a ickle soft spot when spotting a certain sheriff etc in many of his older books that was till I found this website and realised others had found them all and more too lol. i just finished 11/22/63 and i didnt find RR did you?

Thanks for the response's guys Im glad Im not the only one ....

If possible please lay off the DT spoilers im only half way through the drawing of the three

Cheers

i love every page. it's all part of Stephen king's universe.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast