This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Derry in 11/22/63

Default Re: Derry in 11/22/63

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    I am in total agreement I love the little connections, like getting a ickle soft spot when spotting a certain sheriff etc in many of his older books that was till I found this website and realised others had found them all and more too lol. i just finished 11/22/63 and i didnt find RR did you?
    I've been looking through the book,to no avail.Then I googled it and it took me to my post on this thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    I've been looking through the book,to no avail.Then I googled it and it took me to my post on this thread!!!
    Hey, Champ, stop 'googling' yourself!!

Well, IT is my favorite King novel (favorite book of all time really), so I welcomed a return to Derry with a couple of the Losers, even if it was just a few pages.

...I thought it was a nice "gift" to the CR's amongst us...didn't really influence the story in any way, but felt good to "see" them again...and after all, not EVERYTHING he writes has to be on-topic as it relates to the overall story...these asides are welcome...and in that series of pages-a welcome lifting of the darkness for a moment or two...

Quote Originally Posted by SlasherFreak View Post
    Well, IT is my favorite King novel (favorite book of all time really), so I welcomed a return to Derry with a couple of the Losers, even if it was just a few pages.
    I am the same. I also found it to be such a relief that

Richie and Bev are finally just being normal kids, doing normal kid stuff. I also found it really nice that they were able to place Jake as a good guy and not a threat, like thier experience with IT has made them wiser and good judges of character
    . The Derry section was a perfect mini update IMO. The fact that it was set

a short time after IT's 1st demise
    didn't make me think the Derry folk would be as bad, but I also had a feeling that bad things would happen - Derry anytime is seemingly an afflicted place.

This is silly but I sorta got miffed at Steve for being so harsh to Derry. It is my favorite fictional place in the whole wide world.

Ralph wasnt in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    I can't get enough of the connections.It's great when you've been reading an authors works for 15 years,then all of a sudden you notice that some of the books are connected and you then spend the next 15 years looking for the connections in his new material.It makes re-reads even more compelling.I'm re-reading Insomnia at the moment.I'm more obsessed with SK's books now than I have ever been.(Insomnia spoiler)

Someone mentioned that Ralph Roberts is in 11/22/63,my next task is to see if I can find it
    It may have been Bag of Bones where Ralph makes an appearance. Relying on my faulty memory.

I tend to read each story or series as contained and don't worry about connections (blatant or guessed). To tell the truth and shame the devil, the connections don't matter at all because each of those stories is complete. They have a beginning, a middle, and an end. That is as it should be. I loved 11/22/63 for many reasons, not the least of which was a nice new take on time travel. The return to Derry was fine by me. All those people screaming for more Pennywise (one name among many) got a bone thrown to them. You got to see the monster again without undoing everything earned by the heroes of It.

the tie in to Derry and IT was one of the best parts of this book for me. loved the way they reference Patrick Hockstetter (sp?) and also Bev saying something like "the clown didnt kill that one". LOVED that part.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast