Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Dark Tower on film getting closer to green light? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower on film getting closer to green light?

Default Re: Dark Tower on film getting closer to green light?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but that's still who they're currently in talks with for the part.
    Hhmm....I don't see Crowe as Roland. Physically he's even less Roland than the previous attached Javier Bardem, in my opinion.
    Just out of curiosity (if you know and can say it here, of course)...but what happened with Bardem? Do they want a bigger name or what?

Quote Originally Posted by jones18 View Post
    Hhmm....I don't see Crowe as Roland. Physically he's even less Roland than the previous attached Javier Bardem, in my opinion.
    Just out of curiosity (if you know and can say it here, of course)...but what happened with Bardem? Do they want a bigger name or what?
    No, I don't know why he's no longer in the picture, no pun intended, or whether it was mutual or one or the other of the parties decided to move on.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but that's still who they're currently in talks with for the part.
    Ms. Mod, are you able to have an opinion on Crowe - or is it best to just get the zipper?

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Ms. Mod, are you able to have an opinion on Crowe - or is it best to just get the zipper?
    Do you mean my personal opinion or Steve's?

Yours. But now that you say that - both

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

If Crowe is Roland, the movie will get a lot of over-attention. That might actually be a Good Thing.

Since King's already sold the specific rights...we just have to Hope.

And wait.

Steve thinks he'd do a good job. I told him I'd never been much of a Russell Crowe fan because I think he mumbles too much. His response was, "Weeeellllll, then...." We both chuckled and moved on. If I had to choose between him and Bardem, though, I'd probably go for Crowe based more on a closer physical similarity to my mental image of Roland and hope they do some very good sound editing.

Has Mr. King thought about putting any of his own money in on this, or does he try to keep a wall up between his books and their movies? I have greatly enjoyed Roland's adventures and would give anything to see it on the big screen. A lot of the arguments go back to money issues, budget cuts, etc. If he just got behind this with his own money, could he push it forward himself? I know he doesn't want to commit the next couple of years to getting this made on his own, but it seems to me like he would want to see his "Lord of the Rings" come to life. Just act as a producer, put up some money, take his piece off the ticket receipts, and consult when people had questions. I have been excited to see this get traction over the last couple of years, but man do I hate reading these articles about studios passing on this. I would be throwing money and resources at this.

I didn't read through the several inches thick contract so don't know what arrangements are for his financial participation, if any. His first love is for writing the books, though, not financing film adaptations.

Steve thinks he'd do a good job. I told him I'd never been much of a Russell Crowe fan because I think he mumbles too much. His response was, "Weeeellllll, then...." We both chuckled and moved on. If I had to choose between him and Bardem, though, I'd probably go for Crowe based more on a closer physical similarity to my mental image of Roland and hope they do some very good sound editing.
    Maybe the mumbling would be okay for some of the quieter parts of the story. Just as long as they don't change Oy to a Billy Mumbler.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast