Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Joe Hill - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

Default Re: Joe Hill

Joe's second novel, Horns, has been made into a movie starring Daniel Radcliffe. I believe the movie is done and "in the can" as they say and only awaiting a distributor as it is an indie film. No real trailers out there, but here is a very short clip. Looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    Don't know what the h#ll a "thusl" is!!! Typos really annoy me. How do you edit your own posts? And to be fair to this thread-I LOVE Joe Hill!!
    Use the Edit Post link at the bottom right but you only have a short window in which you can do so so you may have tried after it was too late. I can go back to fix it if you're not able to--just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Use the Edit Post link at the bottom right but you only have a short window in which you can do so so you may have tried after it was too late. I can go back to fix it if you're not able to--just let me know.
    Thanks-you are the greatest!! But I value your time too much to ask you to fix my snafus!

Make sure you pick up the ebook version of Horns today, it's only 2.99 on Amazon!

Yesterday I posted something "witty" on Twitter in response to what Joe Hill had tweeted about his enthusiasm for a new bolt-action pen, and he re-tweeted my comment to all his 181,000 followers saying "This just feels so right & so true & I'm glad to share".

Having your writing (even if it was only 1 sentence) complimented by one of your favorite authors...priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Yesterday I posted something "witty" on Twitter in response to what Joe Hill had tweeted about his enthusiasm for a new bolt-action pen, and he re-tweeted my comment to all his 181,000 followers saying "This just feels so right & so true & I'm glad to share".

Having your writing (even if it was only 1 sentence) complimented by one of your favorite authors...priceless!
    I don't tweet (but my son does) - So - what was your witty comment?

I really liked NOS4A2, and 20th Century Ghosts.

Heart Shaped Box didn't do it for me. The end was just too much.

Horns, gave it 75 pages, wasn't into it and quit.

NOS4A2 though, that one really flipped my switch!

Quote Originally Posted by addieprey View Post
    I really liked NOS4A2, and 20th Century Ghosts.

Heart Shaped Box didn't do it for me. The end was just too much.

Horns, gave it 75 pages, wasn't into it and quit.

NOS4A2 though, that one really flipped my switch!
    Give Horns another go. My dad read it after I let him borrow it and he said that at first he didn't like it. He soldiered on, and ended up liking it. Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I don't tweet (but my son does) - So - what was your witty comment?
    It seems kinda dumb to me now...and it's a bit off-color, responding to an off-color comment Joe made, so I'm not comfortable putting it on a family oriented board like this one! If you really want to read the whole exchange, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    It seems kinda dumb to me now...and it's a bit off-color, responding to an off-color comment Joe made, so I'm not comfortable putting it on a family oriented board like this one! If you really want to read the whole exchange, PM me.
    Off-color is what he does.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast