This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Default Re: Joe Hill

You made me go back and look...when I was "thinking WD I was talking about AMC's "The Walking Dead."

I don't recall and I don't bother to go back and check, but I think I was saying that I don't care for graphic novels unless those mofos can go all the way and become a legitimate series of pictures set into motion that interest me.

All I can say is keep reading. Love his work. Not into graphic novels myself, but glad to hear a new Joe Hill is in the works.

I have yet to read any Hill, but really, really want to. Can't wait to get my hands on Heart Shaped Box (the fact that its the title of a Nirvana song doesn't hurt...hehehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    You made me go back and look...when I was "thinking WD I was talking about AMC's "The Walking Dead."

I don't recall and I don't bother to go back and check, but I think I was saying that I don't care for graphic novels unless those mofos can go all the way and become a legitimate series of pictures set into motion that interest me.
    Ah, Walking Dead! Makes sense now.

To each his own, of course, but in my opinion you're making a mistake; there are a lot of awfully good comics out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    (the fact that its the title of a Nirvana song doesn't hurt...hehehe)
    And a damn good Nirvana song that is, too.

The novel is about a washed-up rock star, and there are rock references strewn throughout the novel. Fun!

I've also read Heart Shaped Box,20th Century Ghosts and the first 3 Locke and Key graphic novels

I have read all his books, with the exception of the graphic novel. Not a fan of the genre, either. Heck, haven't even read any of SK's. I think Horns was the best, though I did enjoy Heart Shaped Box. 20 Century Ghosts had some good stories, some not so good, imo.

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

I have a collection. Some worth $$$$$$ that will soon be liquidated for reality.

I just don't dig the genre.

Words I like, but they are also growing increasingly disappointing. "Graphic Novels" bridge the gap, they ride the slipstream razorblade of a meaty groin racing over razorwire. Now that movie special effects don't suck the fat one (too much), I don't see the point. Other than being able to set it aside after one loaf is pinched and resume the overhypercolorized adventure when the next is produced.

I'm sure I am missing something though. What would you care enough to send me? That's what I thought.

What I've missed is lots more than most have even encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuggs View Post
    I have yet to read any Hill, but really, really want to. Can't wait to get my hands on Heart Shaped Box (the fact that its the title of a Nirvana song doesn't hurt...hehehe)

Horns and The Cape were my favorite two stories by Joe Hill. I cant stop talking about either one!!

Okay, so I would like to talk a little bit about Horns here, if I may. I really liked it. REALLY. EXCEPT for this -

Was anyone else annoyed that Ig was never cleared of Merrin's death? Why couldn't Terry have "heard" Eric and Lee fighting over her murder? That would have cleared Ig.
    Maybe I just like my endings too tidy.

Thoughts?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast