Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Joe Hill - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

Default Re: Joe Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    I just don't dig the genre.
    It isn't a genre; it's a medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Okay, so I would like to talk a little bit about Horns here, if I may. I really liked it. REALLY. EXCEPT for this -

Was anyone else annoyed that Ig was never cleared of Merrin's death? Why couldn't Terry have "heard" Eric and Lee fighting over her murder? That would have cleared Ig.
    Maybe I just like my endings too tidy.

Thoughts?
    I'd say the focus wasn't on

whether Ig was cleared or not. The focus was on his love for her, which was significant enough that to him, finding -- and punishing -- whoever DID kill her was really the only important thing. Also, I liked that the book had a happy ending in which things didn't work out! That was cool and unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I'd say the focus wasn't on

whether Ig was cleared or not. The focus was on his love for her, which was significant enough that to him, finding -- and punishing -- whoever DID kill her was really the only important thing. Also, I liked that the book had a happy ending in which things didn't work out! That was cool and unusual.
    You have an incredibly good point. I KNEW someone would be able to take me out of my need for wrapped up ends.

I really loved that

you find out her love for him drove her to try to protect him. And she truly ended up getting what she wanted - a quick death. I also really loved that the devil was not neccessarily bad. I love that he protected the lady with Alzheimer's and Glenna but when people were bad he took care of them. I thought the views on the devil/god relationship were extremely interesting as well.

Really liked Horns, my first Joe Hill read. I took a chance on it, and wasn't disappointed. Makes me want to try Heart Shaped Box now. Good writer.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    Really liked Horns, my first Joe Hill read. I took a chance on it, and wasn't disappointed. Makes me want to try Heart Shaped Box now. Good writer.
    Heart Shaped Box is excellent. I'm sure you'll love it.

Joe has a new one coming out this year, not sure of the date but there was a preview in (I think) "In The The Tall Grass." I'm planning on that one to help with my wait for "Dr. Sleep."

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Heart Shaped Box is excellent. I'm sure you'll love it.

Joe has a new one coming out this year, not sure of the date but there was a preview in (I think) "In The The Tall Grass." I'm planning on that one to help with my wait for "Dr. Sleep."
    I think it is April 30th - NOS4A2.

I really enjoyed Joes books .Can't wait for his new one.

I've read Heart Shaped Box but not Horns. You people are causing my Goodreads "to-read" list to spiral WAY out of control.

I recently won an unchecked manuscript copy of Joe's new book N0S 4R2 months before it comes out in the shops

I've only previously read Heart Shaped Box which I thought started really well, had a great story, but kinda faded out a little towards the end. I'm looking forward to starting N0S 4R2 though, might flick through a few pages tonight actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    I think it is April 30th - NOS4A2.
    Eagerly awaiting this one!
    http://www.amazon.com/NOS4A2-A-Novel...mm_hrd_title_0

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast