This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

Default Re: Joe Hill

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I don't feel asking why he thought it was hilarious means I have a chip on my shoulder, but thank you for your explanation/opinion.
    Had it stopped with asking why it was hilarious wouldn't have, but continuing with this did come across that way to me

I particularly love the way you say how "nosfearatu" (? nosferatu) is pronounced over here, as if to imply there's something wrong with how we pronounce things in England. Hmmm, methinks not...after all, believe it or not we did invent the English language, not the Americans. Did you ever consider that maybe the way y'all pronounce things is what's truly hilarious?

I know oftentimes Americans can come across as being arrogant but not every time one says something that compares the two countries and how we're different, is meant as an offense. Just an observation on my part as I've seen you bristle in the past and thought you might want to consider that there could be another POV to the comment.

P.S. And if I took it in the wrong context, then my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Had it stopped with asking why it was hilarious wouldn't have, but continuing with this did come across that way to me

I know oftentimes Americans can come across as being arrogant but not every time one says something that compares the two countries and how we're different, is meant as an offense. Just an observation on my part as I've seen you bristle in the past and thought you might want to consider that there could be another POV to the comment.
    Hey, that's fine, I always appreciate knowing what people really feel/think about me.

Hey, that's fine, I always appreciate knowing what people really feel/think about me.
    I have no doubt of that. I recall your saying that one of the things you liked about John was that he would call you out when he thought you were (forgive me if I paraphrase here as I'm going from memory) being crabby in your posts.

Oops, maybe I should have added a smilie face on the end of this so you know I was being genuine. I don't mind knowing what people think of me, really, it's good to see yourself how others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I love it when you get all feisty.
    Hey I'm just being myself. People here may not like that/me...but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

The American English accent is closer to the original English accent than the current British accent.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post
    The American English accent is closer to the original English accent than the current British accent.

Just sayin'.
    So how many areas of the UK have you visited, and where in the UK/USA did you conduct this research to verify your findings? Do you really believe all of the people in Britain have only one accent, and that all American's have only one accent?

By the way...does he get one chip on his shoulder for his "Just sayin'" or are they reserved purely for me?

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post

Just sayin'.
    Is that true? I did not know that. And if it is true, I REALLY want to convince myself I have an English accent because I LOVE them.

So how many areas of the UK have you visited, and where in the UK/USA did you conduct this research to verify your findings? Do you really believe all of the people in Britain have only one accent, and that all American's have only one accent?

By the way...does he get one chip on his shoulder for his "Just sayin'" or are they reserved purely for me?
    Not sure--have been too busy giving myself a palm slap about it.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast