Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Joe Hill - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: Joe Hill

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not sure--have been too busy giving myself a palm slap about it.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not sure--have been too busy giving myself a palm slap about it.
    Ayuh!

    For some reason I have the urge to watch Dumb and Dumber.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Ally, no one is insulting the Brits. Clearly everyone on Earth wants a British accent. No one thinks they're funny. Everyone thinks they are hot. (No I am not being sarcastic.)

    I love you but you are being a little defensive. (Do not, I repeat, do not kill me now.)

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Ally, no one is insulting the Brits. Clearly everyone on Earth wants a British accent. No one thinks they're funny. Everyone thinks they are hot. (No I am not being sarcastic.)

    I love you but you are being a little defensive. (Do not, I repeat, do not kill me now.)
    I want House (Hugh Laurie)'s accent.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I want House (Hugh Laurie)'s accent.

    Which one?


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I love you but you are being a little defensive. (Do not, I repeat, do not kill me now.)
    Okay, I really can't be any clearer on this...I do not care what people think about me. I asked why the poster thought the name change was hilarious, and he hasn't even had a chance to respond yet. It has been determined that the nature of my posts equate to possessing a chip on my shoulder, which at times is true so I don't deny it. I'm not being defensive about anything, if it comes over that way then that's purely miscommunication, but I have been nothing but honest in my responses. I'm not the type of girl who is going to go off and cry in the corner because people don't like me. The way I see it, the ignore feature is there for a reason so anyone who doesn't want to read my posts can use it--unfortunately that option isn't possible for Ms Mod since she moderates, say sorry --but anyone else who is offended by me has no excuse.

    Phew.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I want House (Hugh Laurie)'s accent.
    I want to make out with Hugh Laurie's accent. The REAL one.

    Just the accent, though.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand...why is that hilarious? I particularly love the way you say how "nosfearatu" (? nosferatu) is pronounced over here, as if to imply there's something wrong with how we pronounce things in England. Hmmm, methinks not...after all, believe it or not we did invent the English language, not the Americans. Did you ever consider that maybe the way y'all pronounce things is what's truly hilarious? Anyhoo, I digress...your hilarious point about the UK title is??
    First of all, "nosfearatu" was a typo. Oops. Sorry.

    The word "nosferatu," which forms the basis of the title, has sounds within it that, spoken in an American accent, sound like the numbers 2 and 2. Spoken in certain dialects of the British accent, it adds another sound which can be represented by using an "R" on its own. It's hilarious, then, because the joke worked was able to work twice, in two different -- but related -- ways.

    No offense was intended, and I'm not really sure why you would leap to the conclusion that it was.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I don't feel asking why he thought it was hilarious means I have a chip on my shoulder, but thank you for your explanation/opinion.
    That would be because you went straight to the assumption that I was implying British people pronounce the word incorrectly.

    Frankly, I didn't think that the reasons why "NOS4A2"/"NOS4R2" is a joke, and a funny one, was exactly f---in' rocket science. Especially on a message board full of well-read people. Therefore, I felt no particular need to explain right up front why I thought it was hilarious. Have I erred?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Joe Hill

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Which one?
    The sexy one, of course.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •