This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else find it heartbreaking?

Default Re: Anyone else find it heartbreaking?

Such great stories always stirs emotions.

....my favorite Temptations smash hit...."Bawl of Confusion"....

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    There won't be any bawling out from here...your sentiments are correct. Not everyone is perfect at reading/writing but that doesn't make their contributions towards discussions any less valid.

IT has always been my favourite novel. I love the natural progression of the Losers friendships from childhood to adulthood, as soon as they start to remember the past their bonds are quickly reaffirmed. Proof that real friendship doesn't die, even though things can easily be forgotten. IT is a very bittersweet story, and so much more than just horror when you look beneath the surface.
    I just wanted to say I am sorry if I offended anyone here or made the poster feel bad,I have already apologized to him/her and ccal by pm,ally I would have also to you over the weekend but your page was not accepting..I would never want anyone to feel minimalized or awkward about their posts and hope my silly comment was not taken in that context..to ball,well,in urban language in the States,can mean to have sex,but also to play basketball,like "let's go ball!"..however I have seen it in the former,as in "we balled our brains out!"..and the similiarity struck me as humorous..Sometimes(well most times)I have a somewhat sophomoric sense of humor,and I truly did not mean to hurt anyone.. please accept my apologies if I have done so..mjs9153

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    I just wanted to say I am sorry if I offended anyone here or made the poster feel bad,I have already apologized to him/her and ccal by pm,ally I would have also to you over the weekend but your page was not accepting..I would never want anyone to feel minimalized or awkward about their posts and hope my silly comment was not taken in that context..to ball,well,in urban language in the States,can mean to have sex,but also to play basketball,like "let's go ball!"..however I have seen it in the former,as in "we balled our brains out!"..and the similiarity struck me as humorous..Sometimes(well most times)I have a somewhat sophomoric sense of humor,and I truly did not mean to hurt anyone.. please accept my apologies if I have done so..mjs9153
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was any sexual connotations for "to ball" so you have taught me something new. Now I just need to work out a way of discreetly dropping it into everyday conversations.

Also, you definitely did not upset me, so I apologise if that's how it came across. I felt like Dallas provided a decent response to the thread--it's nice to have a newbie post without criticism--and I thought if that was my first post and somebody pulled me up on a spelling error I'd probably never post again. That's all. We can be quite an intimidating bunch at times, especially without realising it. I try not to scare the newbies away until I've at least had a chance to play with them first.

*Why am I picturing Lennie and his rabbits again?? *

Of course..that is why I said unintended,and posted a smiley at the end,and thanked and welcomed the poster..,because hurting someone or making them feel bad is the farthest thing from my mind..I only hope they can see from my post on the book also,back in September,I quite agree with the post and it happens to be my favorite SK book too..I would never try to discourage someone from posting,or be overly critical,I too like hearing how people feel about the books..so once more, I am sorry..

I was offened... Being reprimanded by the spelling/grammar police on my first posting, was not a good introduction to these forums. However, mjs9153 did apologize. So all is well now.

I didn't cry at anything but I think Eddy's death was the moment that made me shout in my head "NOOOOOOOOOO! You killed Eddy you bastard!!!!"

The ending I felt to be great. Very bitter-sweet the opposite of the american hollywood ending. Even though I was extremely sad that they forget each other. I wasn't sure if that was because IT had been truly killed or if IT was still (barely) alive and was wiping their memories so they couldn't ever return to finish the job.

Although part of me wishes that

Audra died or never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by floating_balloon View Post
    [SPOILER]

Although part of me wishes that

Audra died or never recovered.
    Oh whoa, how come?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Such great stories always stirs emotions.
    Brilliantly said, and the beautiful thing about this book is that it tugs at all the different heartstrings in every emotion! (Often simultaneously!) I personally found both times they forgot each other (when they were kids and then also parted as adults) heartbreaking.... there are so many emotional aspects in this story both good and bad, it would take forever to go into how it makes the reader feel... lets just say that its a book that opens the mind and heart in an extraordinary amount of ways!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dallaspowers81 View Post
    Oh whoa, how come?

Audra recovering
    never really sat right with me, I don't know why. It just never felt right. :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast