Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
was it bowie or king? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: was it bowie or king?

Default Re: was it bowie or king?

OK! So I saw the word "Bowie" and my heart stopped as I adore him even more than Mr.King (sorry) and am oddly attracted to younger and older Bowie and yes I know he has a wife, but I like the creativity.

And yes I know Mr. Bowie has his own website for adoration, but I have so much more to say about books!
    :-)

Anyway this inspires me yet again... it seems people that like one clever writer have some very good tastes.

Ms. Mod, do you know if the two (Bowie and King) have met?

It seems alot of uncanny artists have met.

Marilyn Manson knows Johnny Depp and Tim Burton who knows Neil Gaiman who also knows Manson who likes that magician Rudy Coby...
    and it seems all the creative types know each other or know someone connected to them and use quotes from songs in books and books in songs...
    and artwork based off songs and books... And it's well know of Marilyn Manson fans that he know MANY artists and actors etc well connected kinda dude... I think he even knew Michael Jackson personally...

And Paris Hilton and Lady Gaga went to the same school together...

And Bowie is connected all over the place, (but seems more reclusive) and musicians/artists/actors overlap..... but what of writers? Do they glam it up in Hollywood?

Until it's all blended together like a big spider web and you wonder if all the people you admire have shared a coffee together...

And if Mr. King ever met his beloved Rolling Stones...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...they're hard at work, brushing up on the final artist rendering of their "Flat Earth" map....

Hilarious!!! Thank you for this GNTLGNT

He hasn't ever met David Bowie. Arrangements for usage of Golden Years was made through their agents.

I just hope the original episodes are released on Blu-ray or DVD at some point. The edited-down version is vastly inferior to watching the full episodes. No story resolution, but hey, sometimes TV is like that.

I wonder if Bowie is a common name in the US? It's a last name I've read a lot in King's work, usually not as a main character but a side character. For example in 'The Reach' there's one.
    I often tend to take it, it's just one of his favourite singers as he named this series after him as well. (For example Bachman was also taken from a band name).

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I just hope the original episodes are released on Blu-ray or DVD at some point. The edited-down version is vastly inferior to watching the full episodes. No story resolution, but hey, sometimes TV is like that.
    I recently purchased a multi-set with Golden Years, The Stand & The Langoliers. I had never seen Golden Years and just finished it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was a pretty good ride. I just read that the dvd version has 2 hours cut from it (It was originally 6 hours). The 8th episode never aired because the show was cancelled but was the 8th episode filmed? I assume it would have had to be in the can if the network had already shown the other 7 episodes. In the closing credits of the copy I have it only mentions episodes 1-7.

A couple of cool things I noticed: There is a reference made to Johnny Rainbird when an Federal agent says, most people think Johnny Rainbird was the best agent we ever had. There is also a character named Capt. Trips. SK has a cameo as a bus driver.

One very huge stretch: Our heroes had stolen a car and wanted to change the color. The next scene shows them in a garage just finishing up the paint job on the car. They were using aerosol paint cans. I'm not sure how many aerosol cans it would take to paint a car, but I would think it would take a whole bunch and it would take about a week to paint a car with aerosol cans. By the way. the paint job looked great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12