Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
In The Tall Grass - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: In The Tall Grass

Default Re: In The Tall Grass

[QUOTE=GNTLGNT;554795your were expecting what?-the Hillbilly Bears meet the Care Bears?...get real and get over it...[/QUOTE]

Atta boy Gnt..you tell him!!

Would you be even more disgusted, or less, if I suggested that this story, read at just the right angle, is really an allegory for both of the authors feelings and thoughts about Christianity? The Christian symbolism is there, as is the way it is used in the story to convey very, very negative views about it.

i really got lost in the last probably 5 pages and really didn't understand the ending. What I mean is where did the baby go?

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    i really got lost in the last probably 5 pages and really didn't understand the ending. What I mean is where did the baby go?

....baby=food...

Quote Originally Posted by EMTP513 View Post
    The most disgusting story I ever read, b/c it was created with no other thought in mind than to give birth to a story that represents violence for the sake satisfying bloodlust and nothing else. IOW, sadistic people are the only ones who will truly enjoy this story.
    I have no idea why they wrote it, and I expect no answer will be given in the matter.

Why do people lust for senseless violence in their quest for literary and televised entertainment, but if they meet someone who's suffered a real as opposed to imagined act of violence, then they run 5,000 miles away from that person never to set eyes on or speak to the person ever again?

WTF is that? A perfect example of the quote "When it happens in real life it's called a tragedy, when it happens on television and in books it's called entertainment?"

I'd bet money this won't even be posted, but the question will remain whether it makes an appearance here or not. And the answer, I'd gather, will not be forthcoming in my lifetime.

I can handle violence that has a purpose, no matter how dark. But I draw the line at violence for the sake of violence. I simply can't handle it and have no comprehension how other people can accept all this televised and novelized destruction but turn around and shun people who have had violent acts visited on their persons.
    Really? Have you read any other SK or JH short stories or novels?

I read this one in the two parts in the magazine. I liked it, though I'll admit it was pretty gross. But good and gory, and had me on edge for awhile wondering what was going to happen. Definitely reminded me of Children of the Corn in a small way, but definitely not anything alike. I'd love to see more father/son collaborations in the future!

Loved the first half. Great setup. Disappointed by the payoff given in the second half. This ended up feeling like a cousin of movie versions of The Children Of Corn.

Hmm... I could dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

....baby=food...
    Precisely the reason I disliked this so much. I found this so disturbing that I doubt I could read it again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast