This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrie 2013 Trailer and Article

Default Re: Carrie 2013 Trailer and Article

I really liked the original film, I mean it's where it all really kicked off right? But this film, just from the trailer and the way they are going about, they seem to be doing it with respect. That's all I ask for in King films. Respect to the material. Anyway, they trailer looks great and I can't wait to see it

Carrie's supposed to be weird... no one could play her better than Cissy did. There's no point in remaking something that's already wonderful- and then on top of that using a 'pretty' cast defeats the whole idea of the novel. 'Different' should be accepted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb Shaw View Post
    I really liked the original film, I mean it's where it all really kicked off right? But this film, just from the trailer and the way they are going about, they seem to be doing it with respect. That's all I ask for in King films. Respect to the material. Anyway, they trailer looks great and I can't wait to see it
    If you were a writer of horror stories and a remake of a cult classic based on your novel was done at a time when remakes are flooding the film industry along with comic book renditions over and over and over...you would probably not be happy about a remake using a fifteen year old actress who was probably taken from her family and who they have doped up and taken to their dumbass parties in western Europe this Fall. That is not respect in any sense of the word. I agree with caperucitaroja. Sissy Spacek was unbelievably wonderful in that role. We have always said that Sissy should have won the Oscar that year. How can you top that, or even come close? The newbie director Kimberly Pierce is 45 and has made two films before this one, Boys Don't Cry and Stop-Loss, both of which I have never heard of. It is all a scheme to lure new young ladies into their crap parties, as we all know. That is going to stop.

Filmed it in Toronto did they? How co-incidental. Why not in Maine when that is just across the border?

Anybody know why Brian DePalma did not get involved? Because he is respectful. Kim Pierce said that Brian DePalma gave the remake his blessings...and we ought to know what that means...with Heaven's grace that remake will flop big time. I love Brian DePalma, as a big brother, of course.

How does the old saying go? A picture tells a thousand words...just compare and see there is no comparison...

Maine loses out on a lot of films being made here because the state legislature has been very short-sighted about the tax incentives it is willing to give. Filmmakers can find a much better deal elsewhere and Canada has been a favorite location because of their incentives and its geographical similarity to Maine locales.

Looks promising. Maybe it won't be as good as original film, but I'll keep on hoping.

This is very sad, but in Russia this film probably will be released by the name "Telekinesis" (Телекинез), not "Carrie". Russians fans are very upset of it, but by all appearances we can't do anything to change the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Looks like this could be very good. I like that they pay homage to the original movie with that last scene in the trailer. Can anyone figure out what the song playing in the background is? A church hymn? It sounds vaguely familiar.

If my ears are correct it sounds like a cover of " Will you still love me tomorrow" and to me like Lykke Li singing it.

I'm not sure.

The trailer has a feel of an investigation looking in/or back on the events to understand what happened ... rather than a first person story; teenage angst, un-popular, rough family life, fooled one too many times, as shown through the character of Carrie in the original version.

Julianne Moore is a good actress, imo; so, we'll see. However, I wonder if this film (based on the preview) will be more of an investigation movie, than a "Carrie" movie. Anyhow, I'll check the film out and watch the movie.

Trailers have a way of not showing the meaning of the entire film. And, I'd probably give the movie a second view (this time, I can't get grounded for seeing the film!). So, why not?
    Last edited by Samantha_; April 9th, 2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Had a second thought :)

It's kind of strange to see her mother take her to school in a car. Didn't she walk from home to school in the book and original film? It makes her situation feel more hopeless and lonely that way.

Also, I forgot that her mother and father were part of a relegious cult? Moore said this, but can't remember it from the book. I've read it twice, but you tend to forget all the details of books and mostly remember the main plot points.

It doesn't look bad, but as many have pointed out, even if Moretz denies it herself, she looks more like one of the 'popular, good looking' kids than Carrie.
    I'm interested to see it though. I'm not completely against remakes (although we've had far too many by now). I always find it interesting to see how different filmmakers approach the same material and director/actor wise this looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple_Not View Post
    This is very sad, but in Russia this film probably will be released by the name "Telekinesis" (Телекинез), not "Carrie". Russians fans are very upset of it, but by all appearances we can't do anything to change the situation.
    You are right. I AM upset... Why did they have to change the name? People would not simply know what a movie this really is, that it is Stephen King. They make it just an ordinary movie that will probably go without being really noticed by a large audience...

As for me, I am really looking forward to seeing the movie. Julianne Moore and Chloe Grace Moretz are great actresses, both of them. I really like Chloe, loved her in The Amytiville Horror, and later in Let Me In, and I really want to see what she can show us in Carrie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12