Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Creepshow III - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creepshow III

Default Re: Creepshow III

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That gratuitous melting shot at the end was the final straw.

The funny thing is that I thought a couple of the installments had potential in the right hands. The one about the kids who think their prof's girlfriend is a robot could have been hilarious, but they went for the stupid gross-out instead. The one about the guy whose radio tells him to do stuff, too, could have been okay. They totally wrecked the one about the guy who arranges to have a call girl come to his place. I *thought* I knew where it was going, which would have been a great idea, but no, just more cheap scares.
    Agreed. Some of the ideas at least seem to have more or less on the same page as the EC tradition from which the movies sprang. There is some common DNA there; then again, bus drivers and orangutans share some DNA, too, and you definitely don't want to ride on an orangutan-driven bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    So maybe I'd only watch CIII just to see how bad it really is.
    Don't do it! Life is too short!

I wrote a review of it on my blog; it includes a fairly extensive plot summary, so check that out if you've a mind to.

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...w-iii-aka.html

i don't know, burnette...a bus driven by an orangutan ???

that wouldn't be much different than alot of the bus rides i've taken...especially some of those school bus drivers...i still ache, and that was eons ago

As a true friend and fan to Stephen King I must be honest. I can hardly fathom that Stephen King, George Romero, and Laurel Productions could make a Creepshow film without any due credit to the original Amazing Stories and Tales of the Crypt comics. Not one thanks or inspired by. Very unlike Stephen King. In the original film there is no narration only a nice cartoon of a Crypt Keeper like figure but, again without any credit. C2 had the Crypter, not the Crypt Keeper, and although I enjoyed both films, esdpecially the first, you see the results of not standing by your principles. No worries though Mr King, I still love you, like a big brother, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    As a true friend and fan to Stephen King I must be honest. I can hardly fathom that Stephen King, George Romero, and Laurel Productions could make a Creepshow film without any due credit to the original Amazing Stories and Tales of the Crypt comics. Not one thanks or inspired by. Very unlike Stephen King. In the original film there is no narration only a nice cartoon of a Crypt Keeper like figure but, again without any credit. C2 had the Crypter, not the Crypt Keeper, and although I enjoyed both films, esdpecially the first, you see the results of not standing by your principles. No worries though Mr King, I still love you, like a big brother, of course.
    Now that I see I mispelled especially and noticed another small error, the proper title is Tales From the Crypt and not of the Crypt.

Nobody is perfect. I bet George A Romero, Stephen King, and the whole Creepshow crew were having so much fun making the film that it was just an honest oversight. You can see in the artistic spirit of Creepshow with the Tales From the Crypt Keeper was also having fun resulting in a cult classic. By the way, I too ask...WHERE IS MY FATHERS DAY CAKE!

i don't think there was an oversight: all the press of the day had all of them waxing poetic all over the place...

however...there were/are copywrite issues...

and to do too much runs the chance that some legal baboon will take them and their meager, paltry budget...or worse, that big-time author, to the cleaners

two words george harrison - - - my, sweet lord ! but there's $$ in lawsuits

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i don't think there was an oversight: all the press of the day had all of them waxing poetic all over the place...

however...there were/are copywrite issues...

and to do too much runs the chance that some legal baboon will take them and their meager, paltry budget...or worse, that big-time author, to the cleaners

two words george harrison - - - my, sweet lord ! but there's $$ in lawsuits
    Good points. I hadn't looked at it that way before.

Sequels can be great, just not as fantastic as the first, they never are. But to do a sequel without the King......a waste.

I've not seen Creepshow III...

It's godawful. Don't watch it. Do something better with your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast