This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King books that you own?

Default Re: Stephen King books that you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I have at least one of everything.

Multiples of the Gunslinger because I give them out like Halloween candy.

What I'm working on right now is my first edition collection.
    *knocks on Shasta's door, holding out bag*

Trick or Treat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    She had every book in first run and it was beautiful.
    Can I have her address and the hours she isn't home?

Kidding. Kidding.

I had everything published up until May of 2010, then a flood destroyed my entire book collection. I'm rebuilding it slowly, but I still have some titles to reaquire.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac61 View Post
    I had everything published up until May of 2010, then a flood destroyed my entire book collection. I'm rebuilding it slowly, but I still have some titles to reaquire.
    Yet another reason I need to take the plundge (no pun intended) and get my books insured.

I think someone is trying to tell me something and I am not listening.

All the ones that I do have are HCs and I tend to have multiple copies (2 EE, 2 DT5, 2 N&D). There are a few I am missing, Cycle of the Werewolf, The Colorado Kid and On Writing to name a few.

The only ones I don't have are Six Stories and the original versions of The Plant.

Shasta, please do get your collection insured asap. You never know what could happen. I used to have Farmers and they required you to have the collection professionally looked at for value (which is quite costly) but the company I have now doesn't require that, it's just added into the value of 'contents'. I do recommend that you take pics of everything you have, even going as far as opening up any books you may have that are autograghed so you can prove that they were signed. Also, keep a list and/or copies of receipts to prove what the purchase prices were.

I own all of them. Every single one, including all the Bachman books, which I purchased separately, as individual paperbacks, before his true identity was even known. Then I have the collection of the "Bachman Books." The one with all of the books in one big large paperback. I even have four copies of "The Stand" because I've read the darn thing so many times, I messed up the first three copies. I started my collection way back in the very eary 80's. And have been adding to it since. I'm very proud of my King collection!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    The only ones I don't have are Six Stories and the original versions of The Plant.

Shasta, please do get your collection insured asap. You never know what could happen. I used to have Farmers and they required you to have the collection professionally looked at for value (which is quite costly) but the company I have now doesn't require that, it's just added into the value of 'contents'. I do recommend that you take pics of everything you have, even going as far as opening up any books you may have that are autograghed so you can prove that they were signed. Also, keep a list and/or copies of receipts to prove what the purchase prices were.
    Oh boy. Okay. I'm doing it this weekend.

I've gone as far as finding out what they're all worth then stopped. I am going to do it this weekend. I am.

Thanks for the advice on taking pictures, especially of the signed ones. I will definitely do that.

As far as receipts go I think it may be too late for that but I will keep them going forward.

Thanks for the motivation!

The list is long, but most of his books that has come out translated you
    can find in my bookcase.

at least one copy of each and everyone...everything from the dead zone on is first edition hardcover, mostly trade editoins.

i have a few limited run stuff...the first four DT books, desperation, and cycle of the werewolf: as far as i know , all of the special editions are the more basic trade first editions: i have no signed editins or really spiffy, high-end editions.

i've read dt1 5 times, dt2 4 times, dt3 3, dt 4 2: each re-read just before the next vol. appeared...the mist 4 times...
    salems lot three times...the shining, carrie, the dead zone, the stand, misery, different seasons, rage, the long walk and the running man twice each...all since i read my first back in '76-'77: salems lot, in paperback

i do not have that sci-fi paperback book often attributed to king...had a copy, believed the man when he said he didn't write it...got rid of it...somedays, i wish i still had it...just in case

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast