Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Feeling lost without a new King book to read. - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling lost without a new King book to read.

Default Re: Feeling lost without a new King book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Tsk tsk, you have both of Justin Cronin's books in your tbr pile, so there's no excuse.

And ayuh, you are no help whatsoevuh...but 10/10 for effort! Kidding, what did you think of the Cell reread? Think I'm swaying more towards that, although I've put off rereading Insomnia for years, since the first read bored me, say sorry! It was 17-years ago though so I may enjoy it more now I'm old(er).
    Insert forehead smack here....I totally forgot about those two Ally, now I have lots to read! I always forget to check my TBR pile! For some reason I am having a hard time finding the motivation to read these 2 books. Are they really good? I have struggled to get passed the 100 page point of The Passage, not sure why though.

Personally, I would choose Cell...I have not read Rose Madder yet, but I have heard a lot about it, so I believe all three books are great.

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    Insert forehead smack here....I totally forgot about those two Ally, now I have lots to read! I always forget to check my TBR pile! For some reason I am having a hard time finding the motivation to read these 2 books. Are they really good? I have struggled to get passed the 100 page point of The Passage, not sure why though.
    If I remember correctly The Passage was a bit slow in the beginning but it got a lot more interesting. I haven't read the second one. I hope you enjoy whatever you choose to read!
    I am also missing a new SK book this time of year. I loved reading the excerpt from Doctor Sleep that was with In The Tall Grass and I can't wait to read that book!!

I find reading SK's shopping lists great therapy

Jaime, I really enjoyed The Passage and The Twelve. At times I feel the story slightly lags in places but it always quickly picks up again. There's some very interesting characters, and the story is entertaining.

I dreamt last night that I removed the cover from Cell and started reading it so I think this is the one my subconscious is telling me to go with.

It's a while since I read Cell so that would be a good re-read too.
    But I also wait for some new SK story to come here translated. The next one
    would be 11/22/63 and then The Wind Through The Keyhole.

I would read Cell again Ally (although I am probably two weeks too late and you've well made your decision by now!!)!!) I've just been on a re-read mission so they are fresh in my mind, just re-read Cell, 11.22.63, and The Shining, and read Rose Madder for the first time!

I did try and read Insomnia ages ago and couldn't get through it... wondering if that's because I haven't read the DT series?

Thinking of tackling one of SK's longer books that I havent read yet... can't decide between The Stand, or Dreamcatcher. Recommendations??

Quote Originally Posted by kylallie View Post
    I would read Cell again Ally (although I am probably two weeks too late and you've well made your decision by now!!)!!)
    Thanks. I did start reading Cell. Unfortunately I'm still only half way through it, I've just been too busy/knackered to read but hopefully I will finish it soon. Anyhoo, if you're after a long book to read then out of those two suggestions--and just in general--I would recommend The Stand. Enjoy.

And another thang...how do you pronounce your username? Every time I read it all I see is:

Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally
    Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally Kill Ally

Who me, paranoid?? Pahh!!

Feeling lost without a new King book to read.
    Went spoilt yerself, read it all up dintcha! What to do with the kids nowdays?

I'm starting to have my recurring dreams again where I find a shelf with several Stephen King books on it that no one has ever read or heard of before. SK himself turned up in one of these dreams and he recognized me somehow, even though we've never met!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast