Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
TV show Revolution: Is it just me? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

Default Re: TV show Revolution: Is it just me?

Lots of SK references in last night's episode. A library full of SK books, I saw DT 7, Christine, Cujo, and The Stand.

At the end, they started talking about "The Tower" and in next week's teaser, were talking about having to go there to fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikkimowse View Post
    I've been watching that new NBC show, "Revolution" and, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a lot of Stephen King related comments and situations? For instance, in one scene, the lead character, in response to a request for his name, says "I'm Stu Redman, and this is Frannie." Who are, as we all know, two main characters in "The Stand." In another scene, in a comment regarding prison, he says, "They're gonna Shawshank you!" Again, Stephen Kings creation; Shawshank Prison in Maine, in "The Shawshank Redemption." Not quite as blatant, a woman works on a computer in an attic, when we see only the rundown cowboy boots of a guy walking up to and into her house. She's terrified, and types, "Randall is here!" Need I say more about a guy walking in cowboy boots, named Randall, striking fear in peoples hearts? The final thing that caused me to start this thread was tonights show, where the characters find a group of orphaned kids, and one guy is not comfortable with this group and shares his trepidation to a woman, who says, "they're children!" To which he replies, "Yeah, children of the corn!"

I have not heard of Mr. Kings involvement in this show, and I have looked, but this a little coincidental! Maybe the writers are King fans, I don't know, but has anyone else noticed this, or perhaps knows something about this highly unusual circumstance? Let me know if youu have any info, or if anyone has noticed any other references that I missed. I look forward to other views on this!
    I've noticed a LOT of King-related things more so since they came back this last month. The last episode with the King Books (especially The Stand) and Randall Flynn played by Colm Feore? I mean come on - how much more King-like is that. Feore IS my choice to play the Crimson King in the movie(s). He'd be perfect. I love this program and getting all these little "Kingisms" is awesome.

My wife watches the show. I've seen a few episodes, but it's not on my must-see list. For that matter, I don't think any of my favorite shows are on the big three (ABC, CBS, NBC) anymore.
    As a side note, JJ Abrams was also the driving force behind Fringe, and it had King written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Lots of SK references in last night's episode. A library full of SK books, I saw DT 7, Christine, Cujo, and The Stand.

At the end, they started talking about "The Tower" and in next week's teaser, were talking about having to go there to fix everything.
    My husband and I watched it last night and I said, "Okay, we have to watch out for SK books." Then the shot came up with the big SK sign and we were like, okay, well I guess we don't have to look too hard. Ha!

Yes, this show is full of hidden King references. I never heard the Stew Redman and Frannie comment, I wish I had. I did notice the library full of King books, the journey to the Tower, and even the last or the second to last episode is titled "The Dark Tower." Colm Feore as Randal Flynn is over the top. I even commented on Hulu after a particular episode "Just give him what he wants and he'll go away." (Any one else seen him in "Storm of the Century?")

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123