This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, please don't ignore this

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: Ladies, please don't ignore this

Don't forget... MEN can get breast cancer as well. It's rare, but I know a guy who has been fighting it this year. Guys should be checking for lumps as well.

Thoughts and prayers is sent to you and your family Todash. ((Todash and family))

((todash and family) adding mine to the thoughts and prayers!

ToDash, so sorry your family is going through this. (((hugs)))

Adding my thoughts and prayers, Todash. Thank you.

((((Todash and family))))

Thank you all SO much. Your support means the world to me. And yes, absolutely, men can get breast cancer as well. Plus, guys, do those testicular checks every month. It's easy compared to what we have to do. Testicles are wee little things; it'll take like two minutes! (Please no commentary.) If you don't know how, ask your doctor to show you. Or just look it up online.

As to my SIL, it turns out my brother's been trying to get her to go to the doctor for years, and when they were in for something unrelated, he just took it upon himself to mention it. We're all hoping for the best, of course, but that doesn't sound good.

Todash, sending along my prayers to you and your family. Let's all think positive thoughts, today there have been lots of advancements in the treating and/or curing of cancers. be strong!! ((((Todash))))

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    Don't forget... MEN can get breast cancer as well. It's rare, but I know a guy who has been fighting it this year. Guys should be checking for lumps as well.
    You must have ESP. I was just about to post that men aren't immune to breast cancer and should do their own self-exams in the shower, too.

The thing is, guys don't voluntarily go see a doc unless an appendage has fallen off or they're spurting blood from their jugular. I would hope a lump or breast tissue that feels weird or a pec that seems like it's shifted to the right or something odd would be compelling enough to get a guy in for some bloodwork and his own mammogram.

Anyway. Good thoughts, vibes, and prayers coming your way for your SIL, Todash. You tell her there are a bunch of randoms she doesn't know over here who are pulling for her. :-)

....big hugs honey, and prayers to the Great Healer for you and your family...as a nurse, I fully support and encourage any kind of screenings and labwork, along with regular check-ups...it's the only rodeo we get...might as well get more than an eight second ride...

Todash, I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. (((Todash and family)))

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast