This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, please don't ignore this

Default Re: Ladies, please don't ignore this

Loads of healing vibes!!! That is great news about the new chemo. They just keep on getting better at this!

This is great news! What an awesome holiday gift!

Continued prayers and healing vibes being sent.
    Prayers and crossed fingers that the insurance company covers this. (((( Todash and Atomicinchworm))))

So good news, treatment is being covered by the insurance; she starts it as soon as they get it in. Only one pharmacy in the country stocks it, so they have to order it in.

Also, I saw my parents over the holiday, and my mom looks night and day better. In probably a week she'll start using a cane to get around the house instead of a walker, which is only a good thing.

I want to thank everyone for your vibes and thoughts.

My mom is doing well, and now walks with a cane. The chemo pill made her a little queasy the first couple of days, but now she has no problems taking it.

I'm going to go ahead and expand the topic of this thread:

Ladies, please have your yearly gynecological exam done. It's really not that bad, and it doesn't take but an hour out of your year.

A really good friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer today. She is 30. Despite a family history, she hadn't been to the gynecologist in several years. It is fortunate that she is only in stage 1. She is having her first consult tomorrow to go over her options.

Please, please, please go to the doctor. Early detection is vital in the treatment and curing of cancer. Seriously, just go.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Isn't this great, guys?
    ...no question...

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    My mom is doing well, and now walks with a cane. The chemo pill made her a little queasy the first couple of days, but now she has no problems taking it.

I'm going to go ahead and expand the topic of this thread:

A really good friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 1 cervical cancer today. She is 30. Despite a family history, she hadn't been to the gynecologist in several years. It is fortunate that she is only in stage 1. She is having her first consult tomorrow to go over her options.
    I had stage 1 cervical cancer as well, at the ripe old age of 22. I was told I had an abnormal pap at 18 but didn't go back for four years. It turned into cancer. So take it from someone who knows - GO!

If you have to have cancer, this is the one to have. It sucked really badly but it's fairly easy to take care of. Of course, the side effects caused my thyroid to go nuts, which has been a nightmare of epic proportions!

Must say I made my yearily appointments, thanks Gals ,I had been putting them off.

Another update. My mom's cancer marker count has gone down from 399 to 325 after just one month of treatment. She is handling the medication very well, with little to no noticeable side effects.

She is still having issues with one of her feet being droopy, as it is only a couple months off of almost being completely paralyzed, that isn't too bad. She will get a foot brace just to help prevent her from tripping over the foot she can't feel that well.

My friend is still in the testing stage, but it looks like the cancer is just in one area and will be easily removed with surgery. Which is awesome. What's not so awesome is her 50$ co pays and missing a ton of work. They are really feeling the budget strain.

Ug! Insurance and bills and not working. I know it all too well. I'm so sorry for her.

But SO glad to hear she's doing better!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast