This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Politics is ruining my family

Default Re: Politics is ruining my family

Wait. Arizona is on the border. She moved from California to Arizona to get away from Mexicans. Doesn't Arizona have a lot of Mexicans too? I don't know, but I would think so.

Shasta! Wow. I know it's not funny, but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Yep. He's offered to buy me a house if I move there. I refuse. I want a house more than anything but a baby and I just can't do it. I'd like to keep my soul, thanks!
    I hear you. I've been thinking of it from a different angle, though. If I lived there long enough to change my residency (not sure if it's 6 months out of the year there), I could be voting Democratic and helping to offset the Republican votes. I just wouldn't discuss politics with anyone there! From what I've heard, the Tucson area (where my place is) is a little more liberal although I'm guessing that's a relative term--they did have Democrat Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and reelected her replacement albeit by a narrow margin. The Democrats now hold 5 of Arizona's 9 congressional seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Wait. Arizona is on the border. She moved from California to Arizona to get away from Mexicans. Doesn't Arizona have a lot of Mexicans too? I don't know, but I would think so.
    Yes, they do. My place (and the town where that shop is) is only 26 miles north of the Mexican border and has a permanent Border Patrol checkpoint on the side of the highway heading north where everyone has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I hear you. I've been thinking of it from a different angle, though. If I lived there long enough to change my residency (not sure if it's 6 months out of the year there), I could be voting Democratic and helping to offset the Republican votes. I just wouldn't discuss politics with anyone there! From what I've heard, the Tucson area (where my place is) is a little more liberal although I'm guessing that's a relative term--they did have Democrat Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and reelected her replacement albeit by a narrow margin. The Democrats now hold 5 of Arizona's 9 congressional seats.
    That is a very good point. I could see living in Flagstaff or Sedona (definitely Sedona) or even Tuscon.

But he lives right outside of Scottsdale. No thank you.

Okay, so a quick update.

I called my dad on Thanksgiving. He was a jerk. I ignored him.

I called my dad the Sunday after Thanksgiving. He was a jerk. I ignored him.

I called him last Friday night. He didn't answer.

FINALLY he called me back yesterday and he was a fairly normal human.

It looks like we're over the hump!

Shasta, I am so happy for you. I am glad he finally cooled off enough to be civil.

glad to hear it, hope the thaw continues...especially with the holiday season upon us...

don't know if humor works well, but...maybe...for christmas...you could get him a dart board with a picture of a donkey on it: nothing vents frustration better than kickin' someone in the a$$

Great news!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567