This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for lunch?

Default Re: What's for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    A soft pretzel in a DMV parking lot. errr.
    ...sounds like a winning premise for an episode of a sit-com....

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I think I shall have some nice tomatoe soup with crackers and a grilled cheese sandwhich! Perfect day, perfect weather for it! How 'bout you?
    It's a bit late now (you posted 1 week ago) but I am having roasted potatoes with herbs, garlic and red onion. Just made that this a.m. and bringing it to work for lunch. Might heat up a Lean Cuisine on the side for some protein.

Your tomato soup with grilled cheese is one of my favourites! (Salivating)
    I imagine our American friends will all be eating leftovers from Thanksgiving!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

We eat bad when we are in a hurry (like grabbing fast food). So here is my "in a hurry lunch" that is reasonably healthy for you, (and cheap too). I make this when I run home for lunch from work and don't have much time.

1 bag of mixed frozen vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower mix is a favorite)
    some left over chicken (or whatever is in the fridge from the night before) or a can of tuna
    creamy ceasar salad dressing (or ranch)

Heat the vegetables in the microwave and add the meat in the last couple of minutes - stir in the salad dressing and you have lunch in 10 minutes that's not too bad and it's much better for you than a hot dog.

LongTallSally Guest

One things, for sure, I won't be picking up lunch when I go out to shop. Going to the pet food place today.

Most likely, I'll defrost some homemade soup. It's really tasty and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I imagine our American friends will all be eating leftovers from Thanksgiving!
    Alas, here, after the dinner, then regular leftovers, then open-faced sandwiches (bread, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy), then turkey carcass soup, there is nothing. No turkey. No potatoes (even though I made 13 pounds of mashed). No stuffing. No green bean casserole. No sweet potato crisp. No rolls. No ... no pie.

I had cold cereal for lunch.

Leftover meatballs on a sub...I add tomato sauce, onion and pepper,then top it with cheese. Ovenize it and voila....

"lunch in 10 minutes that's not too bad and it's much better for you than a hot dog"
    Right fljoe0 - it sounds like a homemade version of some of those frozen things they have out there. Yours is more economical and there aren't any preservatives or other unpronouncable items in it! Probably less sodium too. Thanks - I think I'll try your recipe!

PB&J that fell out of the bag and into my pocketbook. In the car. again.

I was bad today and went to McD's and had a McChicken, med. fries and a rootbeer. Bad, bad, bad............ Giving my cholestoral level a kick in the butt but that's what those lovastatin pills are for, right?????

Since I need to run to the grocery....UGH! Today, it will be scrambled eggs and hashbrowns.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast