This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I bet I'm the only one...

Default Re: I bet I'm the only one...

I won't snark about Twilight out of respect for Alysia.

But I will threaten to kidnap Squish if you don't burn the Twilight books still hanging around the house in five years when Anya is done with them.

As always, PITH made me LOL!

You guys always make me smile.

We had a great time! We all got there around 10 and staked out seats, and Alysia came closer to midnight. She doesn't have much stamina, and is in a lot of pain, so if she'd gotten there early she would have worn out before the movie started. At first it looked like we weren't going to be able to get seats for everyone next to a wheelchair spot (she can walk, but the wheelchair is designed to help her be comfortable and to help with her stamina) but it worked out pretty well.

She has her wheelchair all blinged out with Twilight buttons, so there was no questioning what film she was there to see!

I'm actually a pretty big fan myself, so I was happy to see the way they wrapped it all up. And it was so good to be there with Alysia, it would have been impossible to enjoy it without her.

All in all, it was a good night.

And I will do my best to keep Squish/Bonecrusher away from the novels when his time comes. My 11 year old boy has had no interest, so the boys seem rather immune. Even WITH the vampires and werewolves... Too much kissing, not enough blood I guess.

And, with that and the end of Harry Potter, I am officially out of the midnight opening business. (I know, I know, some other movie madness will start. Let me live in my bubble of denial, please?)

Hipmama=awesome

I am a big fam of Kristen Stewart and the other actors but, I refuse to watch a vampire wannabe film made into a soap opera. No disrespect Twilight fans but, let me say a thing or two.

First, who asked Dean Koontz if they could use the title Twilight?

Second, back in Bram Stoker's days, the literary world (of horror) made a set of rules that all vampire art must follow after Dracula, the vampire king. Wooden stake, night activity, sleeping in their coffin, shapeshifting to a bat, wolf, and mist, vampire brides being bi-sexual, etc. Nowadays they have ignored and spit on the roots of the vampire legend because they have no clue to the history. How can you make a vampire film without understanding the history and roots? If I was offered millions to make a vampire film and never studied the history I would be ashamed of myself.

Third, I love you (as a sister) Kristen Stewart.

I'm pretty sure Koontz's book was titled "Twilight Eyes" A good one too.

Dean Koontz can't hold an exclusive on the title Twilight--no author can. Authors can copyright the text of their books to prevent others from plagiarizing the story but not the title.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Hipmama=awesome
    Yes, she is one cool mama.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Dean Koontz can't hold an exclusive on the title Twilight--no author can. Authors can copyright the text of their books to prevent others from plagiarizing the story but not the title.
    ...so, was Kojak aka "Big Steve" in The Stand an homage to Koontz's keen canine inclusions?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Quite right, Ms Mod, however, I did not mention anything about copyrights. My opinion is that the film series should have never used the title Twilight out of respect, not because of copyrights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    Quite right, Ms Mod, however, I did not mention anything about copyrights. My opinion is that the film series should have never used the title Twilight out of respect, not because of copyrights.
    You're assuming that using that would be disrespectful. There are a lot of people who don't read Koontz so wouldn't even make a connection. Personally I disagree with your reasoning as it would be totally impractical to eliminate a word that is commonly used from any future titles, respect or disrespect aside. That is probably the reason why it cannot be done. Had it been a word that Koontz made up, you might have a point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast