Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Ayko Madder! lol - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ayko Madder! lol

Default Re: Ayko Madder! lol

I'm confused.

Below is your post which I responsed to...

The story would make a good Creepshow short, in my opinion. One complaint I do have with the novel is the ease at with Rosie was able to find a homeless shelter run by good folks. Imagine a runaway teen that is a Stephen King fan would believe it to be that easy and got mixed up with the corruption and sleaze that often accompanies such places. That bothered me a little.

Read it again. It might sound better.
    What I read from your post and was responding to was the idea that when reading fiction a feeling of the passage of time the writer is attempting to achieve sometimes seems wrong. My unwritten point was that I've found this to sometimes be due to how the reader is reading; is s/he feeling impatient, what is his/her state of mind? That is, it's not the writer's but the reader's issue. A reread of the problem area can expose such a case so the reader senses a different, more appropriate flow of time there.

As for my paradox v metaphor comment, while being fascinated by paradoxes, ironies, not to mention metaphors, similes, hyperboles and puns, I confess to being totally ignorant of their differences. Consequently, as for paradoxes, etc, I won't comment further in this thread. The important thing for you to know, Ayko, is--and some if not most SKMB members could attest, especially if paid to, to the irreducible fact--I, blunthead, am a hopeless smartass. I honestly believe I can't help it, was born this way or so my mom used to say and she was there. I grieve my resistance to using emoticons when communicating online. It has led to misunderstandings before.

Below is your most recent response to me...

How can it sound better when I am giving friendly advise to protect innocence and young ladies while you try and ridicule that? It is a paradox because I could never find a good sound in something that is corrupt and abusive to the innocent. Perhaps you didn't know that but, now you do!

It was definitely not a metaphor. You want to know what a metaphor is? A blunt is a leftover part of a drug that someone saves for desperate times. That is a metaphor.
    The first paragraph tells me much more about what your original post actually referred to, what was in your mind when you wrote it, but it's not fair of you to expect me to know what you were thinking since you didn't mention any such stuff the first time. As for meaning perceived in my SKMB username, the truth is, believe it or not, that my use of it has absolutely nothing at all to do with the meaning the word "blunt" brings to popular illicit narcotic lexicology. Of course, now that I'm in the know, I understand people's assumptions per the name. "blunthead" is a term of endearment from buds(!) in high school, from which I, somehow, graduated in 1970, way long before Jamaica even existed.

BTW, bigtime kudos for working to protect others, especially those you mentioned. That's an inspiration and please continue and sincere thoughts and prayers your way.

So, let's be friends, what say?

I am glad you have offered me your explanation. Considering the Tommyknockers message you posted on the thread I started there I find it somewhat difficult to accept the sincerity of your explanation especially after the messages I posted on my message board today. However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, this time, and leave it at that. As for accepting your friendship offer I must decline, at least for now. I belong to what you might call a club or brotherhood and we do not declare friendships with people we do not know very well. How can you build a friendship on a lousy introduction, regardless if one or the other or both are to blame? Let us say, for now, that we are acquaintances on this message board and we will see how the contact between us continues from there. I do take back what I said about your profile name, blunthead. For us, names are divine and, in my opinion, there are too many internet users that abuse the art of choosing names. I also have no problem with you being a smartass, as you call yourself, as long as you are respectful. Later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    The story would make a good Creepshow short, in my opinion. One complaint I do have with the novel is the ease at with Rosie was able to find a homeless shelter run by good folks. Imagine a runaway teen that is a Stephen King fan would believe it to be that easy and got mixed up with the corruption and sleaze that often accompanies such places. That bothered me a little.
    Since it is fiction, it didn't bother me. I found it refreshing that after a life of horrible abuse, Rosie found someone sympathetic and willing to help her.
    If I'm imagining a real life scenario, I'd still have hope that there are truly caring people in the world to help someone who is in need.....but that's just me, I'm a glass half full kind of girl.

I am glad you have offered me your explanation. Considering the Tommyknockers message you posted on the thread I started there I find it somewhat difficult to accept the sincerity of your explanation especially after the messages I posted on my message board today. However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, this time, and leave it at that. As for accepting your friendship offer I must decline, at least for now. I belong to what you might call a club or brotherhood and we do not declare friendships with people we do not know very well. How can you build a friendship on a lousy introduction, regardless if one or the other or both are to blame? Let us say, for now, that we are acquaintances on this message board and we will see how the contact between us continues from there. I do take back what I said about your profile name, blunthead. For us, names are divine and, in my opinion, there are too many internet users that abuse the art of choosing names. I also have no problem with you being a smartass, as you call yourself, as long as you are respectful. Later...
    Now, that's just not nice!
    I think you're being quite judgemental, mean spirited, and less than respectful, as well.
    Perhaps when you've been here a while, you'll understand some of the humor of the different members.
    Quite honestly, I prefer the slightly twisted humor of folks like Blunthead, GNTLGNT, Ally, and others over those who show self serving arrogance any day. ♥

....Remember man, I told you smart & intelligent people-with often a wry and unusual sense of humor...don't be so adversarial, you'll miss out on some very valuable friendships...and Blunt/Frank, is one of the stalwarts of this Board, and a good friend...I've never met him-but in this type of forum, you need to go with a bit of faith-and here that is usually rewarded with a lasting bond...cut back on the "huffy high and mighty", it's not at all becoming to a relative newcomer to this family...

I hope you understood my reasons for not accepting your friend request as I explained in my Ayko Madder thread. Let me add a few points.

Message Board friendships, regardless of which board, are totally overrated. To be honest, I think it is a waste of time. I do not need to advertise who is my friend and who is not. That just makes it a show and lessens the meaning of friendship. In addition, what ever happened to becoming acquaintences before friends. Making a new acquaintance to your friend right away leaves one open to infiltration of an enemy. I am not saying you are an enemy but, principles are meant to be practiced, and not just once in a while. Anyone here ever served in the military???

Since blunthead promised not to ever respond again on my Ayko Madder thread, perhaps to prove him or herself a true friend, I have no clue what that is supposed to mean. I am glad that I did not immediately accept his or her 'friend request'. And what is this 'friend request'? My message board has a PM mailbox but no friend request from people I cannot look in the eye or perhaps has two or three people using one account which many do, even here. Get real! Friends are born through acts and experiences with one another over the course of time. I do not throw around the word friend just to make a point.

I am not being judgemental, but if you had been through what I have been through you would be more than sceptic.

Also, I realize that Rose Madder is a story, and we understand that is how you all would picture the scene with a female hostile all fine and well, no damage done. The message was a 'neutral' piece of information for your knowledge and was in no way judgemental. How is the statement judgemental. Sometimes I feel a mobbing attack coming on. Wouldn't you? Why make a problem where there is no problem? Luckily, I am not so huffy and puffy like others here.

And to GNTLGNT, we are not being huffy and puffy, but we are being macho just as many (of the ladies) are here. It is our style and you all do not have a monopoly on the art of being macho. I said I would give blunthead the benefit of the doubt and īsee how the board contact continues. No kisses please.

Less trying to provoke me and more action please.

I understand what you are trying to say about assigning more value to the word friend as opposed to acquaintance. However, even acquaintances should try to understand their target audience and so far from my perspective it hasn't quite meshed with you. It may just be a difference in what you're used to with a sense of humor and how most people here interact with each other. It could also be the inherent problems with communicating on a message board as opposed to interacting in person but there's a definite disconnect and I'm concerned about this continuing in what feels like a very negative vein. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and start over but you might want to take a little time to read through threads here to get a feel of how the Board works and how people interact with each other before pointing fingers at everyone else as being the problem. Just a little friendly advice--take it or leave it.

....and speaking of oneself in the third person isn't strange-you got a mouse in your pocket?...whatever dude, I was just trying to help you out-you have no idea what being provoked REALLY is, nor do you have the first clue as how to interact outside of your own little fiefdom of idealism....and the whole "macho" comment?-ridiculous-no-one is impinging on you manhood....wow, just wow...Marsha, I'm outta here before this gets any more insane...

A blunt is a leftover part of a drug that someone saves for desperate times. That is a metaphor.
    Wow - who knew? We used to call them "roaches"

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Lots of love for GNT, Blunt, Marsha, Not_Nadine, Becks, Spidey, Ally, Cowboy, Muskie, Sheemiee, and all my friends

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast