Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
"Knocking At Your Door" - Page 12

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: "Knocking At Your Door"

Default Re: "Knocking At Your Door"

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...yep, the old rigged game gambit...
    Not rigged! Not my style. Not necessary. And since when does gambit mean rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    Not rigged! Not my style. Not necessary. And since when does gambit mean rigged?
    ...that was simply sarcasm good sir...now I shall take same, and return to my village-they miss their idiot...

Sigh. This thread won't die.

Not as long as people keep posting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Not as long as people keep posting in it.
    ....hmmmmm, I sense a point being made here.....bye-bye.....

Okay, since GNTLGNT has finally conceded defeat I have no problem to put the 'game' to rest. I did forget to update the tally in my last message post which gives me 19 points. I was striving for my 25 but, 20 is a nice round number too so, unless someone wants to challenge me further, one final stanza from Master Ayko...
    Unusual. As a King fan I would have expected you to be impressed that your tally was 19.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Unusual. As a King fan I would have expected you to be impressed that your tally was 19.
    I hadn't thought of that but, I doubt Mr King himself wants to take on Master Ayko and if he did he would probably quit at 19 leaving my zero loss record intact with 20.

btw congrats for finishing in 4th place. No Tommyknocker ribbon but, thanks for participating. Next time don't give up so soon.

btw congrats for finishing in 4th place. No Tommyknocker ribbon but, thanks for participating. Next time don't give up so soon.
    Thanks, but I didn't give up...you're just no fun to play with! Your obsession with keeping score took the fun out of what should have been an enjoyable thread. I could have quite happily made lots of entries--as I'm sure many others would have--if the thread had been light-hearted and not an exercise designed to show yourself as the Master.

Thanks, but I didn't give up...you're just no fun to play with! Your obsession with keeping score took the fun out of what should have been an enjoyable thread. I could have quite happily made lots of entries--as I'm sure many others would have--if the thread had been light-hearted and not an exercise designed to show yourself as the Master.
    Oh please! I stated at the beginning of the thread that I am new to the styles of the members here and this message board and that if the thread was in any way out of touch or inappropriate to let me know.

I am not familiar with many members here and I am also not familiar with the style of message board that has evolved here so forgive me if this one doen't fit and, if so, let me know please.
    I only added the score as a joke and it somehow became the center of many messages from others members. Who am I to censor something tastefully funny and stop what is popular? I do not consider myself a master that is better than anybody else. For me there is no best or better than because everything is a team effort. Even if somebody is more experienced and skilled at something and leading, that person is still nothing without less experienced followers. Everytime I stopped the scorekeeping (and who would really take that seriously, come on!) someone brought it up again and I believe it was often you Ally. The thread was lighthearted throughout!

Yer just had to go an' encourage him, didn't ya?
    He is definitely going to start keeping score again with that one!
    Provocative, or at least tempting, don't you think?

Haha, okay Ayko, sorry I mean Master Ayko. If you really think you kept this thread light hearted then I won't disagree with you. I guess this is just further proof that we all see what we want to. Anyhoo, I have better things to do than hang around in this thread...ta~ta now.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast