Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
"Knocking At Your Door" - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Knocking At Your Door"

Default Re: "Knocking At Your Door"

Is this supposed to be fun or a competition? Keeping score and rating yourself as the winner doesn't sound like either to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Is this supposed to be fun or a competition? Keeping score and rating yourself as the winner doesn't sound like either to me.
    ....delusions of grandeur perhaps???...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    I am just having a little fun. If you would like to join in, a four line stanza beginning with the obvious first two lines followed by a single rhyming two lines of your own. If Stephen King wants you to read the Book first then jump in whenever you like or give a friendly critique, that is how we work here, is it not.

Tommyknockers is amazing. The isolation of the country home, the slow metamorphosis of Bobbi was creepy. The novel was also funny´in the right style and technically sound, incredible. I myself could almost touch the spacecraft when they did, electrical.

I only saw about ten minutes of the movie once while drunk and don't remember the ten minutes so, I am looking forward to watching that film soon. I heard it was pretty good.

Tommyknockers tommyknockers
    Knocking at the door
    Lurking in the corners
    They will get you for sure

Ayko-4
    GNTLGNT-0
    Todash-0
    Sundash-0
    blunthead-0

yawn...
    My name is Sundrop.....not sundash.
    My friends here usually call me Sunny....some even call me by my real life name sometimes. I only mention this point because you made such a big deal in another thread about how much a name means to you.
    I'm not playing your game.....if I were, I could write four line stanzas in circles around you....believe it.
    I've not seen the movie nor read the book yet.
    You seem to speak in word salads to suit your own needs......I find it extremely annoying.
    Peace, Love, and Limes, Y'all ♥

Jealous?
    Ayko, at the risk of causing more problems than I somehow already have I've decided I must touch on a couple points, praying that you won't be sensitive there. I really am having the most difficult time understanding you, except that for a reason totally foreign to the concept of logic which until now has worked well for me you don't like me based on things I've posted in your threads, all two of them before my feeling the need to apologize for...whatever. In a different thread you accused me of posting something in this Tommyknockers thread which to you was remarkably offensive. I've reread it and damned if I have the lightest idea what the hell you're talking about.

You alluded to having been hurt by a person or persons online which we are to understand is why you don't necessarily trust people at message boards. It's clear to me that you're taking your anger and bitterness out on us. I am personally willing not to care what happened to you if you insist. But, of course, you'll understand no one's need here to put up with abuse. You don't have to be grownup, but you do need to act like it.

If you want to make friends here you can. Don't take my word for it, just look around. Try to overlook your negative feelings long enough to notice that you're at an internet place different from others. And if your thought is that we're just like everyone else, that we've ganged up on you, blah blah, and you say it, everyone will know you're way off, based not on our haughtiness but because we can read. Your posts say it all.

I'm looking forward to your decision about the SKMB, to seeing what you do about us. You don't have to be our friend here, but if you aren't it's your own doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I dunno. I thought "Terminator Todash" was pretty good. I'd like you all to start calling me that now, actually.

Indeed Blunt,been having the same thoughts on reading some of these posts..ayko seems to be either totally dismissive unintentionally,or perhaps intentionally looking to start discord..in that case,here ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I dunno. I thought "Terminator Todash" was pretty good. I'd like you all to start calling me that now, actually.
    Should I even ask if we can call you TT for short?

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    What a damn name...me likes it!

Sorry about that Sundrop, nobody is perfect. The rest of you are being too sensitive to my macho style, I think. I am only countering since it is one man against all of you. I am not taking it that seriously and I mean what I state with a grain of salt, as they say. Give yourselves a chance to get to know me better first. I appreciate the input but, let us keep it concise. I am having fun stating facts, some serious and some not so serious. Please have a relax. Try smoking cigarettes. Works for me....

btw, anybody read my initial message of this thread before commenting?

I am not familiar with many members here and I am also not familiar with the style of message board that has evolved here so forgive me if this one doen't fit and, if so, let me know please.

I would like to start this topic thread as a Stephen King Tommyknocker fan four line poem of our own, from us, for fun. I will go first...

Tommyknockers Tommyknockers knocking on the door
    Tommyknockers Tommyknockers luring you to Altair Four.

A simple one from me to start to see if I have any friendly competitors here or not.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast