Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?) - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

Default Re: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

KB used to frequent the Bloomingdales in L.A. where I once worked. She is a bona fide nutcase. She once emerged from the fitting rooms where I owned the piece of real estate (well, not really owned, but worked - my territory in the store), wearing an outfit that she was going to wear to the Oscars, asked other shoppers' opinions, name-dropped where she was going to wear the outfit, and even identified herself in conversation with a narcissistic "I don't know if you recognize me, but I was nominated once upon a time for a little movie called Nashville - do you remember it? It was a Robert Altman flick." *gag*

Default Re: trilogy of terror starring karen black (reminiscent of angelina jolie?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    KB used to frequent the Bloomingdales in L.A. where I once worked. She is a bona fide nutcase. She once emerged from the fitting rooms where I owned the piece of real estate (well, not really owned, but worked - my territory in the store), wearing an outfit that she was going to wear to the Oscars, asked other shoppers' opinions, name-dropped where she was going to wear the outfit, and even identified herself in conversation with a narcissistic "I don't know if you recognize me, but I was nominated once upon a time for a little movie called Nashville - do you remember it? It was a Robert Altman flick." *gag*
    A little self-promotion never really hurts, does it? If she did this nowadays, she probably would've come out of said fittingroom wearing nothing but pasties and g-string, ran outside to find some paparazzi and made the cover of some entertainment magazine and been the talk of the moment on 'Entertainment Tonight'!

Just to recap in a more direct way, this topic was to discuss the relation, symbolic, co-incidental, or otherwise, between Karen Black's style and the Trilogy of Terror with Angelina Jolie. The style of actress and look between the two is apparent. So let us move on. The first trilogy has Black's character being victimized with the ending showing how she only played the victim to give herself a kick while victimizing her victim thinking they were the attacker. The second film has two roles played by Black while we wonder who is really worse, the one or the other. The third trilogy short has an evil aboriginal warrior spirit possessing a Zuni voodoo doll preying on Amelia, played by Black. The conflict ends with Amelia finaly 'cooking' the doll alive in the oven and upon breathing in the black smoke emitted is herself taken possession of the evil knife wielding spirit, and happily as she calls her mother and invites her over to be her/their first victim. Do you see any parallels?

Also, Karen Black's birth name is Karen Blanche (french for white) Ziegler (German name) who abandoned her last name and took the last name of her first husband, Charles Black, to replace her middle name which is the opposite of her birth name. Okay, Angelina abandoning her family name Voight (her father's ancestry on his mother's side is German) and replacing it with her middle name is not quite as artistic but, another co-incidence among co-incidences which makes the whole thing somewhat eerie, if you take such things in an eerie way.

There is much more if you are not all scared out of their wits already...

However, was it one or the other or both. My instincts say mostly the one now a lot shorter but, that is now unimportant. What is important is if they want to begin working together with me for all our benefit or if I must call on one or two from CNN International with urgent Sony business or ask President Obama to give the lady a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    However, was it one or the other or both. My instincts say mostly the one now a lot shorter but, that is now unimportant. What is important is if they want to begin working together with me for all our benefit or if I must call on one or two from CNN International with urgent Sony business or ask President Obama to give the lady a call.
    ....OK old buddy, Number One-AJ NEVER played in "Trilogy of Terror"....and Number Two...what in HELL are you rattlin' on about in this post????.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....OK old buddy, Number One-AJ NEVER played in "Trilogy of Terror"....and Number Two...what in HELL are you rattlin' on about in this post????.....
    Sorry about that. I was chatting with the wrong communications system. When I think about Angelina Jolie I often lose control of my logic and senses. And btw, she does not like being referred to as AJ initials wannabes so careful old(er) friend cause we know where you live...

Karen Black sounds like Carrie White's evil half-sister .
    cool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123