This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How close is the depiction of Maine (and other places) to reality?

Default Re: How close is the depiction of Maine (and other places) to reality?

But this goes only for Derry, I assume? Places like Castle Rock or Haven (from Tommyknockers) are not based on existing towns or have landmarks of existing towns?

I kind of wonder why he did this only for Derry...

He's done it for other towns as well but since he has lived in Bangor for many years, that's the logical one to do this in more detail. Chester's Mill is based on Bridgton, Maine and the map in the book was drawn as a loose representation of the layout of streets and businesses Steve used as his inspiration for Under the Dome.

Ha ha, and people who live there WILL notice. I once used only the NAMES of stores in an existing street, without any other reference to it. And people said: I KNOW where you got your names.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234