Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hobbit Animal Deaths - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbit Animal Deaths

Default Re: Hobbit Animal Deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    PETA has been known for their dramatics, and I personally do not agree with a lot of their actions. However, the wranglers who cared for said animals where the ones who brought this situation to light. They are the ones who said the production co. was responsible. The American Humane Ass. oversaw only the filming, not the facilities where the animals were kept. The wranglers expressed concerns to their supervisors, and the production co- Warner Bro.

The buck stops at the one who produced this film, who chose the facility site and ignore repeated concerns. If you produce a film you take responsibility for your actors as well as any animals involved. One can delegate to others, but in the end they are responsible.

One death, one injury was too much. Situation was brought to light and ignored.
    This is true. Part of being in charge is, well, being in charge.

Saw an article yesterday where Jackson was responding to the charges,and flatly denying what was reported.He says the wranglers were a few malcontents that were not doing their job properly,were fired,and waited a period of time till just before the premiere to bring these charges..I guess it is turning into a he said/he said situation,without independent corroboration it is tough to say what really went on..

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Just to clarify: animal neglect or abuse is wrong. It's just that I think PETA, in balance, does more harm to the cause than good.
    I agree with the first part. Anyone that knows me (damn those few) know it.

I also think that the proliferate jackasses at PETA can swallow my donkey's schlong emissions. Those smelly tards are just too damned obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    without independent corroboration it is tough to say what really went on..
    It doesn't seem to be tough at all for some people, sadly, which is exactly why PETA went the route it went.

I am decidedly anti-abuse -- I've got five cats (one of whom is meowing at me quite vigorously at the moment for reasons unknown), which surely counts for something -- but I'm also decidedly anti-PETA. They are run by clowns, and are seemingly always pulling some stunt like this.

Is it possible that the production was responsible for the abuses? Sure, it's possible. But it's unlikely, and I'll tell you why: it's in everyone's best interests to make sure that things like that do not happen. You cannot account for every person who works for you, though, and it sounds to me as if this was the work of a couple of people who were incompetent at best.

In my mind, the worst you can say about the production is that it made a couple of hires that worked out poorly. Nothing ominous, or boycott-worthy, about that.

Just want you all to know that I am a card carrying member of PETA and I have been for years. I don't agree with everything they due but they certainly aren't run by lunatics.

I think I just wrote "due" instead of "do." Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    I agree with the first part. Anyone that knows me (damn those few) know it.

I also think that the proliferate jackasses at PETA can swallow my donkey's schlong emissions. Those smelly tards are just too damned obnoxious.
    I have no interest in doing that, thanks.

I'm not sure throwing paint on someone is any worse that making rude and disgusting comments while making fun of the metally hanicapped.

...sorry Shasta, couldn't help myself...

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I have no interest in doing that, thanks.

I'm not sure throwing paint on someone is any worse that making rude and disgusting comments while making fun of the metally hanicapped.
    Well ... technically throwing paint on someone is assault. But yeah, Bryan, be nice, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Well ... technically throwing paint on someone is assault. But yeah, Bryan, be nice, dude.
    Killing an animal for their skin is murder.....

But thanks for the back up!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast