Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Can we show off our crafts? - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    You might also try using a circular needle instead of the traditional two, Todash. You can still knit back/forth with them, you just don't join the ends to form the circle, and it's a little less unwieldy than trying to manipulate the separate needles especially first starting out with learning how.
    I agree with this. I learned on a circular needle. I now like the tradtional needles better but I am so glad I used the circular to start. And I still use them for larger projects.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Do you mean painting pictures of sponges or painting faces on them?
    Was joking about the faux painting technique that was popular to do on walls in the 80s/early 90s. Although I did also use that technique to paint some birdhouses with a decorative edge of plants and flowers--sort of a spin on Bob Ross's stippling method for painting trees.

Oh, that reminds me--I did stenciling when that was popular and macramé, scherenschnitte, candle making, candlewicking, pierced tin.

Was joking about the faux painting technique that was popular to do on walls in the 80s/early 90s. Although I did also use that technique to paint some birdhouses with a decorative edge of plants and flowers--sort of a spin on Bob Ross's stippling method for painting trees.

Oh, that reminds me--I did stenciling when that was popular and macramé, scherenschnitte, candle making, candlewicking, pierced tin.
    Painting is painting, with a sponge, a brush, an octopus, it's still painting. But what is piercing tin?

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Painting is painting, with a sponge, a brush, an octopus, it's still painting. But what is piercing tin?
    Here are some examples.

My grandma is a super knitter. Oh yeah she is 92 -years -old but always love
    to knit all kinds of thing. And then we get what she has done to
    Christmas or as a birthday gift. My mom she has started as well with knitting
    and crocheting. I realize after I never got any knitting project done when I still was in
    the school that this knitting isn't maybe for me. So sorry have no project to show to you.

sort of a spin on Bob Ross's stippling method for painting trees.
    ..I'm struggling mightily trying to reconcile the image of you with an Afro and beard......

Here are some examples.
    When I went on a week-long field trip to Pioneer Village with my son's class we spent an afternoon learning about this. The kids were not allowed to actually try it, but they did enjoy watching.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ..I'm struggling mightily trying to reconcile the image of you with an Afro and beard......
    I could do the hairdo if I let it go au naturale, but the beard I'll pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

painting happy clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    painting happy clouds.
    And happy little trees.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast