This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 286

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    Wow, Scott. That's amazing. Where do you find all of these pictures?


  2. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Thornfield
    Posts
    3,472

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?



    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...oh now really?...you KNOW better than that!.......stupid link dropped quicker than the Dow Jones....let's try again...


  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Wow, Scott. That's amazing. Where do you find all of these pictures?

    ...pic sites for the perpetually idiotic...

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    I'm a stitcher, too.

    This piano stool cover was started by my now-deceased Nana in 1945. It had dark maroon as the background color but she never finished either the design or the background. Mom didn't like the color and knew she didn't have the patience to pull out the wool, so I finished it for her four years ago and gave it to her as a Christmas surprise. She then covered the stool it had originally been intended for - and it lives now in my parents' bedroom. It was both a labor and a gift of love.

    Attachment 16508

    Attachment 16509

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    I thought since I don't have any pics of any of my cross stitch to share, I could share some pictures of some cakes I've done. I use the shaped pans, so it doesn't take a whole lot of talent, but they take a lot of time, and I am proud of them.

    Attachment 16519

    This one was Alyssa's graduation cake. I've also made it for birthdays.

    Attachment 16520

    This one was Brandon's graduation cake. I free handed Humphrey the Camel on the left side, using Brandon's announcement as a guide. Here's a little picture of Humphrey.

    Attachment 16521

    Did this one for a baby shower.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?



  7. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I thought since I don't have any pics of any of my cross stitch to share, I could share some pictures of some cakes I've done. I use the shaped pans, so it doesn't take a whole lot of talent, but they take a lot of time, and I am proud of them.

    Attachment 16519.
    I've done a few cakes (the most challenging was a tophat cake, but I'm not sure if I have pics) ... They are very time-consuming. VERY.

    But what you should really be proud of is that you've planted the Scooby Doo theme song in my head, where it will probably reside, on and off again, for weeks.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I've done a few cakes (the most challenging was a tophat cake, but I'm not sure if I have pics) ... They are very time-consuming. VERY.

    But what you should really be proud of is that you've planted the Scooby Doo theme song in my head, where it will probably reside, on and off again, for weeks.
    ...one Earworm courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Giant....


  9. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    I've done cakes too. With or without a shaped pan they take a lot of time and are artistic.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

    Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I thought since I don't have any pics of any of my cross stitch to share, I could share some pictures of some cakes I've done. I use the shaped pans, so it doesn't take a whole lot of talent, but they take a lot of time, and I am proud of them.
    What?!? Of course it takes talent! Great job!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •