This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

RCMP crest stitched by my Gramma, posting her's because she finished first! I have a picture that I have been working on for a year. It is a super sweet pic of toddlers in their bathing suits on a beach for my niece but it is 24x24 petty point, any of you fellow stitchers will feel my pain, gonna need bifocals by the time I finish!

[IMG][/IMG]

my previous image didn't show up. let's try this again!

LongTallSally Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

my previous image didn't show up. let's try this again!
    That's a crest I'm familiar with. VERY well done.

Thanks LongTallSally! My Grandma did this for my husband and she is 89yrs old! I am amazed!!

I didn't do this--I can't crochet--but it was my high school graduation gift from my dear Grandma T, who died several years ago at the ripe old age of 92. It's an afghan that's basically a giant granny square, in peach with cream accents. One of my most cherished possessions.

Nice jobs, Tina! I've often thought of trying to work with fondant... I mean it can't be too different from the clay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    Nice jobs, Tina! I've often thought of trying to work with fondant... I mean it can't be too different from the clay, right?
    Thank you!

I have never worked with the fondant, Tery. I do think it looks so pretty on cakes, but I don't care for how it tastes, so I've never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    Iiiit's a little tricky. The draping and getting it to look smooth can be difficult. I did a Mad Hatter cake for my sister's baby shower last year, and it was fun but definitely challenging. (When I say "Mad Hatter," I don't mean the topsy-turvy stacked cakes called by that name; I mean it was a top hat with a sale tag on it and a teacup atop.) I used marshmallow fondant because it was less expensive, and (I think) a little easier to work with. I want to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Thank you!

I have never worked with the fondant, Tery. I do think it looks so pretty on cakes, but I don't care for how it tastes, so I've never used it.
    The marshmallow fondant is super sweet but tastes way better than the commercial stuff.

One more done. (Two to go by Christmas. )

[img width=300 height=400]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/isl_acadian/photo.jpg[/img]

Working on black can be very frustrating. I have batter powered night lights which I put on my lap, under the material. That way the light shows through and I can see the holes. This picture was done on an even weave.

The pictures not very good, but there is sparkly thread, and lots of beads sewn on.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast