Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Can we show off our crafts? - Page 15

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

Dana Jean and Todash-- I got hooked on paper beads eons ago. A show on HGTV- Carol Duvall. My mom would watch daily. It's been awhile since I made any. Might be time to restart. There are so many projects that call for this type of bead. Have fun!!

Oh my god. I used to watched Carol Duvall faithfully. And Aleene's craft show, anyone remember that? In fact, I subscribed to some Aleene's craft book thing where they sent you inserts monthly. I have them all!

That template link was great, although I too, am just a basic bead maker at this point. But,they are turning out so pretty. It's a great little thing to do while watching T.V. Keeps your hands busy, you feel like you're getting something accomplished besides vegging out on the couch watching Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Okay, that's probably just me.

I finally made a word cane - this seemed a relatively easy logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    I finally made a word cane - this seemed a relatively easy logo

What is a word cane?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I'm finished! With an hour to spare. I only took a picture of this last one, the other two are already at school, and I didn't get pics of them. But they were all similar.

Attachment 16593
    I've been working on a bookmark. What did you do to prevent fraying?

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Dana Jean and Todash-- I got hooked on paper beads eons ago. A show on HGTV- Carol Duvall. My mom would watch daily. It's been awhile since I made any. Might be time to restart. There are so many projects that call for this type of bead. Have fun!!
    This probably sounds goofy, but ... I buy the spoonful Splenda (the generic kind--save $2!) to keep in one of my sugar bowls for coffee/tea. I noticed when I emptied a bag the other day that the inside is shiny silver. So ... I'm going to experiment with making paper beads out of it. It might not work because of the glue you have to use, or it might not even stick together, but I think it's a worthwhile experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    This probably sounds goofy, but ... I buy the spoonful Splenda (the generic kind--save $2!) to keep in one of my sugar bowls for coffee/tea. I noticed when I emptied a bag the other day that the inside is shiny silver. So ... I'm going to experiment with making paper beads out of it. It might not work because of the glue you have to use, or it might not even stick together, but I think it's a worthwhile experiment.
    If the glue does not stick, maybe you could use an emery board/nail file to ruff up just that part of the paper where the glue would be applied.

I am also now intrigued by Dorset Buttons. I've made 3. Two with pearle cotton thread and 1 with yarn. I like the yarn one best.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/426...ttons/page/all

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    I've been working on a bookmark. What did you do to prevent fraying?
    The patterns I was using were actually for ornaments, and the edges were supposed to be frayed. I ran out of time to do that on the bookmarks, but the pictures of the ornaments showed the edges frayed up to the outside border. So, I guess I didn't do anything to stop the fraying, other than put that outside border on! I thought about cutting them closer to the border, but liked the little bit of white on the edges, and when they naturally start to fray, it will not progress past that border.

'Nuther question cat in a bag....did you do anything to hide/cover the back of the picture?

i've actually designed a front and back of a book mark, and I'm sewing them together. (Hoping they won't fray past the stitching I put around the pictures, which will also bind the two together.)

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast