This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    This is a steampunk bee I made for a friend in Australia:

That is seriously cute. Will you make me a stempunk owl? I'll pay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    This is a steampunk bee I made for a friend in Australia:

Tery, that is so beautiful. Excellent use of details.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    The polar bear image was also shortlisted. Apparently the shortlist is 20 images per month. There were over 5k entries.

Neil Gaiman likes my art x 2.
    That is SO cool! I didn't know about the project until after submissions were closed, or I'd have entered something, being a fangirl of his myself. See what happens when you don't pay attention?

Best of luck to you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walt's pics 443 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	17164
    curling-iron, hair-dryer holders from
    pine, birch, maple

Name:	walt's pics 446 (640x445).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	17162
    "heart" shelves...16" tall x @10" wide x @4" deep
    made from local red maple, white birch, white oak, white pine/spruce

Name:	walt's pics 444 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	17163
    wood chests...they measure about 16" wide x 12-14" tall...from pine, cedar
    the totes on top are @16" long x 12" high @6" wide, pine

These are from last winter...all that time on my hands, that I like to work with, but they didn't sell at the craft shows my wife
    attends--she makes jewelry...so I'm going to be offering these to window customers this year...a "free" gift for using my services.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails walt's pics 442 (480x640).jpg  

Walter, I love all of them, but especially the last picture. Are they trunks or chests? whatever they are....I love them. what size are they?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    Walter, I love all of them, but especially the last picture. Are they trunks or chests? whatever they are....I love them. what size are they?
    I've called them both, trunk and chest. The neato thing about much of the crafts is that they are made from "scrap" wood...short pieces that likely would not be used for anything else...plus some wood that would have otherwise been tossed in the dumpster...pieces of wood from windows, trim, mullion pieces, often "clear" pine that you need an armored truck to pick up if you buy it new. And yes, there is some "new" wood there, too.

The chests are about 16" wide +/- a couple inches, 12" wide at the widest, some taper down at the bottom, and about 12-14" high. Was selling the hearts for $20-25...more for the oak or red maple, less for the pine/spruce. And I had a price tag of $40 on the chests...which doesn't really cover "labor". One lady asks my wife...who kept the craft-fair booth..."how can he sell these for $40!" Like she was insulted.
    I've also installed windows...new windows...for as little as $375...your cost. Sold a few of each at the craft fairs this past fall. I've given away a bunch of the heart shelves for wedding gifts...they seem to go over big when the bride opens the package.

And...I offered to write "Made in China" or the country of their choice in a discrete location on the back...but no sale there, either.

I figured the chests could be used to store magazines. The ones made from cedar...white cedar...still have the cedar smell on the inside as the inside isn't "finished".

I was assuming cedar for the chests, but thinking they were a bit larger. But, at that size, they'd be a great size for storing my craft supplies.

The hearts actually remind me of gifts I've received. We used to rent a cottage every summer, and the owners husband was retired and spent his time doing woodworking crafts, which she would give to people that rented the cottage. We were given two clocks, two heart shelves that sit on the back of the toilet to hold face cloths and towels, and various knock-knack stuff. (We stayed at their cottage a lot.)

Anyway, I really love your work.

I like a thread for showing off our crap, but I can't decide what to show! It's so interesting and vast!

What do you brew?

Name:	Love Absolute 5x4 small jpg.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	17353
    I paint and then play with the paintings on my computer. This is the latest creation.
    It's all about love..

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast