Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Can we show off our crafts? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, before the glass, this was the last thing I did, these cool little ID tags for my Splenda and sugar bowls so we wouldn't have to lift the lids to tell them apart anymore. They're made of copper blanks and chains, plus printed labels with burnt edges, and I got to use one of my favorite things, Mod Podge!!

...those are just straight up cool...as have all the hard work shown has been...

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    How do you post a picture of a craft in here? Do you have to load it first to photobucket or similar site? And which one of those thingies do you copy--ing, html, www. There's four of them and I never know which one to hit.
    Ms. Mod, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I do it.

1. Load the picture to some photo-sharing site (or, as in the case of my last one, view it where you've already uploaded it; that one was on my blog).
    2. Copy the URL to the image. It has to be to the image; the easiest way to get that is to right-click the pic and choose "View Image" from the context menu, then when THAT tab or window opens, copy that URL.
    3. Back on your post here, click the Insert Image icon (to the immediate right of the Unlink icon, which is the globe with the red X on it).
    4. Click the "From URL" tab, and paste your URL into the appropriate field.
    5. UNcheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" checkbox.
    6. Click OK.

Then complete the rest of your post, and Bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, before the glass, this was the last thing I did, these cool little ID tags for my Splenda and sugar bowls so we wouldn't have to lift the lids to tell them apart anymore. They're made of copper blanks and chains, plus printed labels with burnt edges, and I got to use one of my favorite things, Mod Podge!!

Nice! I would have just written on them with a Sharpie but yours look beautiful

"How do you post a picture of a craft in here? "
    Yeah, I know Dana Jean - I think I am technically challenged. I tried to post a pic and first they said the max size was 1024 x 1024 so I resized it, then I got the file size is too big message or something similar...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...those are just straight up cool...as have all the hard work shown has been...
    Thanks! I admit I was extremely pleased with how those turned out. I blogged it, but really it was a pretty specific application, so not sure if it would come in handy for much else. Still, the burnt paper on grungy copper could probably be used in a lot of ways. Has a steampunk-y feel, don't you think?

It's amazing to think about how much talent is in each of us, just hidden away until one day (hopefully) it starts to bubble up.

Todash - I LOVE Mod Podge!

Ms. Mod, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I do it.

1. Load the picture to some photo-sharing site (or, as in the case of my last one, view it where you've already uploaded it; that one was on my blog).
    2. Copy the URL to the image. It has to be to the image; the easiest way to get that is to right-click the pic and choose "View Image" from the context menu, then when THAT tab or window opens, copy that URL.
    3. Back on your post here, click the Insert Image icon (to the immediate right of the Unlink icon, which is the globe with the red X on it).
    4. Click the "From URL" tab, and paste your URL into the appropriate field.
    5. UNcheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" checkbox.
    6. Click OK.

Then complete the rest of your post, and Bob's your uncle.

Okay - it sounds awfy technical for a poor girl like me... Anyway thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Nice! I would have just written on them with a Sharpie but yours look beautiful
    I'm totally doing the Sharpie bake thing with mustache stencils on coffee cups for my niece. (LOL ... Hard to explain; I'll post a pic when it's done.) She's into the mustache thing.

Tell her it is beautiful and thanks for letting you share it with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Attachment 16467...here's a "Snowman Tree" my beautiful better half crafted last Christmas...

There are so many talented people on this board! I guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast