Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Can we show off our crafts? - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we show off our crafts?

Default Re: Can we show off our crafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I didn't think I was either and I started on a kind of dare. But it turns out I like what I do, people like what I do, and I love it. I recommend giving it a shot once.
    Oh, you know, I probably will just because at some point I'll have an idea that has to come out. How long have you been painting?

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Oh, you know, I probably will just because at some point I'll have an idea that has to come out. How long have you been painting?
    Like, three months.

Just get enough supplies for one painting so if you don't like it you won't have wasted a ton.

I started because I asked my husband to paint me somethig for my office wall. He took forever and ever so a girl at work said I should back him into it by saying I'll do it myself. He said good. So I went and bought supplies thinking that would encourage him into it. Nope. So I told him again I was just going to do it. He said fine again. So I did.

My first one was the first flower painting I put up. I bought this really beautiful wrapping paper that I had a tiny bit left and I didn't know what to do with. So I did a painting inspired by it. If you look closely you can see some of the flowers have flower pattern. That's the paper.

LongTallSally Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Very pretty Shasta. And Nate, my son would love to try to brew beer, is it hard to do for the home brewer?
    I used to brew beer and made some nice dark ones. It's not that difficult with the kits out there today. It's certainly a little easier than wine. You need a warm place for the carboy at this time of year. I actually miss making the beer.

I made this from a gourd and all sorts of things. If you look at it, it sort of looks like the Salt Sucker from Star Trek. hahaha.

I keep staring at this. I'd feel more comfortable if it didn't keep looking back.

Well, obviously I make very creepy crafts! hoaheohaoehaohaeohaohea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I make swags and wreaths

Attachment 16466
    I missed this earlier somehow. Very nice! My husband and I made a swag once a looong time ago (when we were just friends, not even dating). It was pretty, but it took FOREVER. I do remember it was mostly eucalyptus and smelled so good. I like wreaths a lot but have never made one; it's on my list. (My list is long, and you guys are just making it longer.) I'm afraid the cats couldn't resist a swag, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I make swags and wreaths

Attachment 16466
    Very pretty! Professional looking!

Well, obviously I make very creepy crafts! hoaheohaoehaohaeohaohea!
    NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Sundrop, that is gorgeous. And I was just going to say, eucalyptus always smells so nice on them. A long time ago I tried working with dried flowers, but I was like Jill Kinmont trying to pick up a potato chip out of a bowl. I just crushed the delicate flowers and greenery.

And where are the pictures, young man? I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I've enjoyed making drawings and paintings based on photos. Once I have a photo I want to reproduce in my own way I start by pencil-drawing a copy of the image onto canvas, for painting, or paper, for coloring pencils. I find choosing and working with color generally easy, especially using water-based acrylics and coloring pencils, two mediums I find easy to control. Of course, practice leads to improvement. You never know til you try.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast