Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The good news is in! - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The good news is in!

Default Re: The good news is in!

Shasta, Wow with such excellent advice, the only thing I can add is a huge congratulations! Oh yeah, and have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I conjoled a couple of times, and have two healthy teenage boys to show for it!...seriously though, start stockpiling diapers, baby-wipes, care accessories, get neutral/genderless color clothes(yellow, green etc.)and start on the "whatever shall we call the bundle of joy?" process...
    Please don't be funny. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor and can find something to laugh at in most situations, but people who name their kids thinking how witty they are ... it's just not the time. Unless it's really funny. And it never is.

Congratulations -- and yes. Every paycheck, go buy diapers. Of course, baby books can SORT of give you a guideline on weight vs. age and you can purchase newborns and then the next size and the next.... And please PLEASE, use the damn diapers once and discard. When a baby goes, change their diapers. I know someone who would let their kid go in a diaper two or three times before changing because "these diapers are so absorbent and expensive!" Good lord, I nearly croaked. Babies skin is sensitive. Change that damn diaper. Would you want to sit around in your own poop or pee for hours? NOOOOOO. And who wants to hold a stinky baby? And why would you want your baby uncomfortable, smelly? Plus, this person did this thinking she saved money, but, her kids were always in the doctor for horrible diaper rashes and yeast infections so she saved NO money by doing this. Uh, Einstein, you are spending MORE money in doctor appointments and medicines to clear up infections. PLUS you are hurting your babies!!!! GAH..

Sorry. Tangent. Diapers. Buy diapers every paycheck.

You did not rise to the bait about borrowing your copy of that book! Seriously, I may need to read it since hubby will be back December 21st after being up North since August 23rd! (Tongue hanging out here)

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Please don't be funny. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor and can find something to laugh at in most situations, but people who name their kids thinking how witty they are ... it's just not the time. Unless it's really funny. And it never is.
    We are having a REALLY hard time with this. It's such a serious thing. And with a name like Shasta I am having a really hard time topping that. And I can't stand (I pre-apologize if I offend anyone here) people who spell names wrong on purpose, like Jayson or whatever. Drives me nuts. Spelling if differently does not make it a cool and interesting name.

Did you hear about the people who named their kid Hashtag? Come on.

We had a boy name and a girl name picked out - Jacob Alexander and Ava Rose. But then I found out Jacob was one of the most popular names because of Twilight and Ava is popular too. My husband - Jason - always looks when he hears the name Jason. I ask him if it freaks him out when he has to call someone else Jason. He says, no he's used to it. That freaks me out. I have met one other Shasta and neither of use could call the other by name. It's MY name. I want my kid to have their own name.

So we're back to the drawing board.

And then I'm concerned that if we pick out a name and that kid won't fit that name.

AH! So much stress.

I may be taking this WAY to seriously for not even being pregnant yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Sorry. Tangent. Diapers. Buy diapers every paycheck.
    Ha! We've already decided on washable diapers. I can't imagine throwing all those diapers into a land fill. And I'm super anal so I promise I won't let the kid sit it a dirty diaper. Promise!!

Good for you on the washable diapers. And thank you from me and your baby as far as the changing goes. :-) Although, you might want to have some disposables. They are convenient for times when you are away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Ha! We've already decided on washable diapers. I can't imagine throwing all those diapers into a land fill. And I'm super anal so I promise I won't let the kid sit it a dirty diaper. Promise!!

Wow Shasta. May I wish you and your husband a good luck and that
    all goes well with pregnancy and all else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Good for you on the washable diapers. And thank you from me and your baby as far as the changing goes. :-) Although, you might want to have some disposables. They are convenient for times when you are away from home.
    That's a very good idea! Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    We are having a REALLY hard time with this. It's such a serious thing. And with a name like Shasta I am having a really hard time topping that. And I can't stand (I pre-apologize if I offend anyone here) people who spell names wrong on purpose, like Jayson or whatever. Drives me nuts. Spelling if differently does not make it a cool and interesting name.
    Agreed, but when I was younger, I loved the idea. Then one day it occurred to me: I can name my child Khrystyne if I want, but everyone who meets her will automatically think "Christine." So not only will very few people realize her name is "different," she'll have to spell it dozens of times a year for the rest of her life.

We had a boy name and a girl name picked out - Jacob Alexander and Ava Rose. But then I found out Jacob was one of the most popular names because of Twilight and Ava is popular too. My husband - Jason - always looks when he hears the name Jason. I ask him if it freaks him out when he has to call someone else Jason. He says, no he's used to it. That freaks me out. I have met one other Shasta and neither of use could call the other by name. It's MY name. I want my kid to have their own name.
    We've had a girl and boy name picked out forever. The girl name is Olivia Catherine Elizabeth, the two middle names being after both of our mothers, and we chose it long before "Olivia" became popular. If we are ever fortunate enough to have a girl, I can't imagine calling her anything else. I'd prefer if she were the only Olivia in her class, but I guess I couldn't blame the other parents for loving the same beautiful name we do.

And then I'm concerned that if we pick out a name and that kid won't fit that name.
    I think when you know a person well, your perception of that name changes to fit your perception of that person. That's why it's so difficult for people to give their children names of people they dislike. This may come as a shock to some of you, but my real name is not Todash. I know right. It's Evelyn. When I was a kid, I was not super fond of the name, let me tell you, because the only people I knew with that name were at least 70. But you know ... it's grown on me. I like it now. It's who I am, and I wouldn't change it for anything. My name didn't mold me; I molded my name. I am who my family and friends think of when they think of the name Evelyn.

I may be taking this WAY to seriously for not even being pregnant yet!
    Naming is important! But you'll figure it out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast