This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CBS announces this will be a series

Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

Any new adaptation of a Sai King story is very welcome and something to look forward to, although I find the following quote from the press release a little worrying:

"Fans of the novel shouldnít expect an exact retelling of the same story. Last we heard, writer Brian K. Vaughanís (Lost) script for Dome was wisely using the novelís setup as a launch pad for its own TV-format-friendly version of the story and might even lay the groundwork for a different outcome than the novelís ending. Also, the CBS version is definitely a series, not a mini-series, with a finale episode that will leave the story open for more seasons."

I have no problem with the TV show being different from the novel...if they keep the same basic premise and have good strong characters with good performances, they can tinker with the storyline all they want. It will keep the show unpredictable for people who have already read it. Many people thought the original ending was a bit weak anyway. This has potential to be good because it has King's DNA running through it, but I'm not averse to alternate interpretations, provided the quality is there.

I really hope this comes to my country as well. Under The Dome is my favorite book and
    I look forward to see the series too.

The can't change the end for Chester's Mill. What would be OK is dropping a dome on another town (maybe in Arizona or Detroit) before fading to black.

I hope they do justice to the more shall we say graphic parts,but being CBS,well,I dunno..was hopin maybe HBO or AMC,but beggars can't be choosers..oh well just glad it is getting done..

At least with CBS, unlike HBO, it doesn't require special programming to watch it. The downside is not having the creative freedom that a non-network station does.

I am happy that this is being made. I hope that they go in a different way with the ending. I loved the book. The end wasn't very satisfying to me though.

I look forward to the series. I'm kind of happy it is CBS. I am frugal and don't have cable.

Quite understandable,I cancelled Hbo after the first season of game of thrones..not saying they would be sure to do it better,just maybe more budget,maybe better,but no assurances of course..would have scraped together the nickels if hbo got it,just hoping it can be done well on cbs,not a real big fan of anything I have seen on those lately..

Why must 'they' make changes to what is an outstanding novel? We aren't going to tune in to something that is 'loosely based' on a book King wrote. That's like saying that they're making a movie based on Charles Dickens 'Great Expectations' and filming a movie about a phlegm-filled pregnant woman who hobbles around 19th century London while hacking up a lung (see what I did there???)!!!! (and I own the copyright on THAT idea, although I will sell it to Jennifer Saunders & Dawn French if they want to use it! ) I'm getting the sense that King doesn't care for ABC anymore, since the newer TV adaptions haven't been with them, whereas in the past all of them were.........

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    We aren't going to tune in to something that is 'loosely based' on a book King wrote.
    Speak for yourself.

I loved the novel, but there is plenty of room for improvement in certain aspects of the story. Maybe the series will manage to make improvements, and maybe it won't, but I'll definitely be giving it the opportunity.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast