Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
CBS announces this will be a series - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: CBS announces this will be a series

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Speak for yourself.

    ...I think they were.....

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I think they were.....
    The use of the word "we" suggests otherwise.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    The use of the word "we" suggests otherwise.
    ...only if you are going to be rude about it...they spoke their feelings, whether they used the Third Person by accident, or were acting as a light-hearted "spokesperson" for those of like minds...yours is not the end all and be all opinion here, nor is theirs...nowhere was it implied that you were being swept away against your will to be thrown upon the shores of their thoughts, and theirs only...accept it for what it was, a simple response-because there was no need to come off as borderline insolent...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...only if you are going to be rude about it...they spoke their feelings, whether they used the Third Person by accident, or were acting as a light-hearted "spokesperson" for those of like minds...yours is not the end all and be all opinion here, nor is theirs...nowhere was it implied that you were being swept away against your will to be thrown upon the shores of their thoughts, and theirs only...accept it for what it was, a simple response-because there was no need to come off as borderline insolent...
    Do you spend your entire day fighting other people's fights for them online? If there's good money in that work, let me know; I'd love to fill out an application to be an E-Knight.

    This all started because one person said (lightheartedly, but in the "all of us present here" sense of things) "We aren't going to tune in." I responded, also lightheartedly, "Speak for yourself," as a means of indicating that I was not part of the group in that regard. This is simlar to a situation in which a hypothetical person in a group of twenty other hypothetical people might say, "We all want to go and dig and ditch, so please give us shovels." Then I say, "Speak for yourself," and move away from that person, so that nobody thinks I want to go and dig a ditch. It doesn't mean I've crept up behind that person and slit her throat. Hey, if she wants to go and dig a ditch, that's her business; I'm happy to let her do it.

    Don't be volunteering me for something I ain't into, is all I'm saying. Maybe next time, say "I'd like to go dig a dig," as opposed to "We'd like to go dig a ditch."

    I'm sure the poster you were defending appreciates your efforts, though. Huzzah!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Do you spend your entire day fighting other people's fights for them online?
    ...no more than you spend yours being "lighthearted"...the nuance of your amusing banter must have been lost in the brilliance of your wit...I only hope someday, that I can grow up to be as wonderful as you...that is the day I say "huzzah" as well, until then I'll continue to try to mend the broken rungs of my DNA ladder and admire the totality of you from afar...now having returned the snark whole-heartedly, you sir need to understand that I will unabashedly and unashamedly defend ANY of my friends on this Board that I feel have been wronged...and will do so till the day I die, whether you approve of such actions or not...enjoy the rest of your life Ebenezer...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Personally, I really hope that this series will be wonderful.......I have my doubts.
    I do not want to tune for a version of Lost, with the characters and setting of UTD. I'll give it 3 episodes, which is what I give any new series, and then if I'm not happy, I won't tune in.
    So, while I'm excited that UTD will be a series, I'm worried about it being in the hands of producers who like a certain formula, and may not understand the story.

    Sometimes, digging a ditch is more appealing than being disappointed and frustrated.......it's also very good exercise.....good for the abs.
    Of course, I'm speaking only for myself ♥

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    I'm starting to feel like Scarlett O'Hara at the ball. I'm ringing the bell *ding-ding* so everyone return to your corner and take five. Let's not let this get out of hand. It's all good. Really.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...no more than you spend yours being "lighthearted"...the nuance of your amusing banter must have been lost in the brilliance of your wit...I only hope someday, that I can grow up to be as wonderful as you...that is the day I say "huzzah" as well, until then I'll continue to try to mend the broken rungs of my DNA ladder and admire the totality of you from afar...now having returned the snark whole-heartedly, you sir need to understand that I will unabashedly and unashamedly defend ANY of my friends on this Board that I feel have been wronged...and will do so till the day I die, whether you approve of such actions or not...enjoy the rest of your life Ebenezer...
    Well said, sir. Well said.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    I must admit I'm really looking forward 2 watching this as I found it very difficult to get into, I got about 150 pages in and it had only just started to pull me in and my daughter lost my page for me so gave up 4 a bit and struggled 2 get into another! Maybe this news is what I need 2 get back into it, will have to try and find where I was now and go back a few pages 2 recap

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: CBS announces this will be a series

    Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I'm starting to feel like Scarlett O'Hara at the ball. I'm ringing the bell *ding-ding* so everyone return to your corner and take five. Let's not let this get out of hand. It's all good. Really.
    .....and just when I was ready to say "frankly, my dear..." and fling you over my shoulder and run upstairs! Daaaaaang.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kubrick vs. the mini-series
    By dmeier1231 in forum The Shining
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •