This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of a Person?

Default Re: What Kind of a Person?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    THANK YOU all for your hugs and kind words.

Phone call and caller both legit. Case has been turned over to the Secret Service.
    Good news! On the lighter side, are they calling in Bond, James Bond?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Yikes. The Secret Service? I didn't know they handled fraud. Must be important!
    That's what I was thinking. Whoever the perpetrators are, I suspect they are in trouble. Not just trouble, but like you tell your siblings when you're threatening to tattle: "Omm, you are in trooouuuuble." TROUBLE.

That really sucks, Haunted. Thieves and criminals are people who are not like you and me--they don't see the world the same way we do. Their sense of right and wrong only applies to themselves, the rest of us are just supplies and victims for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    That really sucks, Haunted. Thieves and criminals are people who are not like you and me--they don't see the world the same way we do. Their sense of right and wrong only applies to themselves, the rest of us are just supplies and victims for them.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

We have learned that you can attach a code word to your bank accounts and your credit cards for security! That way only you have access.

Oh haunted, I'm so sorry this happened. I hope it all gets straightened out quickly. And never give information over a phone. NEVER. Hang up and call your bank or credit union yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Whoever the perpetrators are, I suspect they are in trouble. Not just trouble, but like you tell your siblings when you're threatening to tattle: "Omm, you are in trooouuuuble." TROUBLE.
    Good. They should be.

I looked it up and it looks like the SS started out as dealing with issues related to US money fraud and only later came to protect the POTUS and VPOTUS. You learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    THANK YOU all for your hugs and kind words.

Phone call and caller both legit. Case has been turned over to the Secret Service.
    Whoa, the Secret Service?!

Who are you Haunted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo*mofo View Post
    Whoa, the Secret Service?!

Who are you Haunted?

CCRider529 Guest

I had $305 taken out of my bank account on Thanksgiving, and it showed up AGAIN today in my account.
    I was on the phone the biggest part of the day, and have found out that the person (s) who did this are in Russia!
    So the company the thief used my card has $305 worth of children's clothes on the way to them! The company is out the money, but the lady I talked with said they cancelled all other orders from this person.
    My bank is going to take care of it once again for me.
    I know my amount is a long way from yours, Haunted, but it is possible to find out who did it.
    I also involved the state police, so I will see if I can have these people locked up or not. It may take awhile, but hopefully they will be stopped.
    I wonder how many other people got hit from this person?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast