This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coca Cola Freestyle machine...soda pop heaven!

Default Re: Coca Cola Freestyle machine...soda pop heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I found another machine in Downtown Pittsburgh Noodles & Company after visiting Santa with my daughters at Macy's. I tried the Orange Coke and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't really essential. I tried a little of the peach Fanta and it was surprisingly good but a little strong, next time I will need to cut something else into it to take the edge off. I tried a Raspberry Sprite and it was not so good, kinda medicine-tasting.
    Here's something you might find interesting: I believe Pepsi is orange-based, while Coke is lemon-based. I am not a huge Pepsi fan, but orange definitely tastes better in Pepsi (or Diet Pepsi) than it does in Coke, and lemon is good in Coke but pretty awful in Pepsi. (All that is just a matter of my opinion, of course.)

Interesting, Todash. I do recall reading years ago that Pepsi stimulated some of the same taste buds that citrus juices stimulate, whereas Coke stimulated the same taste buds as cocoa products.

Our local Burger King just installed a new touch-screen soda fountain called Coca Cola Freestyle, it is really cool because you can custom-make over 125 different types of softdrinks with the touch of a button! There are many different flavors you can mix into your favorite Coke products, including vanilla, lime, raspberry, cherry, orange, cherry vanilla, and lemon! There's also grape, peach, strawberry, fruit punch and other combinations.

I'm a bit of a Coca Cola fanatic, having been to World of Coca Cola in Atlanta and drinking the stuff all my life. I tried the raspberry coke and the vanilla root beer and both were excellent! I'm sure I'll be going back to try them all. I've got to get me one of these machines!
    Oh yeah, one of these machines would be an awesome thing to have. I love flavored pops, especially if it's vanilla or cherry!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Where they puttin' the head?
    ...ummm....ice dispenser.....don't tell nobody 'k?.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...ummm....ice dispenser.....don't tell nobody 'k?.....
    (can't believe I just soiled my 'mouse' finger clicking on that dreaded zippy-mouthed thingy! I HATE that thing!)

I first saw these in Chicago last year shopping. The only problem is that people spend a little too long making selections and backs up the whole drink dispensing process.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Our local Burger King just installed a new touch-screen soda fountain called Coca Cola Freestyle, it is really cool because you can custom-make over 125 different types of softdrinks with the touch of a button! There are many different flavors you can mix into your favorite Coke products, including vanilla, lime, raspberry, cherry, orange, cherry vanilla, and lemon! There's also grape, peach, strawberry, fruit punch and other combinations.

I'm a bit of a Coca Cola fanatic, having been to World of Coca Cola in Atlanta and drinking the stuff all my life. I tried the raspberry coke and the vanilla root beer and both were excellent! I'm sure I'll be going back to try them all. I've got to get me one of these machines!
    We have a Pei-Wei here that has one. I was in one day when they had it opened and the different flavors are in cartridges (kind of like real big laser printer cartridges) that plug in and then I guess they have the soda water behind the wall.

My local BK has one of them things. Not sure how many different flavors it offers, but I'd say it's at least a dozen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12