This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

Default Re: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    I wanted to get a real tree once, but finding a good strong stand for it was difficult and expensive.

We have a beautiful artificial. We no longer use the boxes and boxes of decorations we collected and made over the last thirty years. this tree only gets birds and a squirrel.
    That sounds lovely. If I did that here, between the dogs and the cat I might not have a tree left!! It would be hunting time!! I have a hard enough time with them almost knocking it over every time they try to get under it!!

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

My wife is allergic to real pine trees, so we have to go with an artificial tree. We got a really nice one at Wegmans probably 7 or 8 years back for about $100, and it's still beautiful! Most people actually have to ask if it's real or not when they look at it (but only after it's decorated). I do miss the smell and the feel of real trees, but you make do

I am such a Scrooge! I dislike decorating whatever kind of tree we put up. I am way too fussy (That's a nice word for what I really am) and it's never right. I drive myself and my husband nuts. I'm constantly moving an ornament over 1/2 an inch to balance things. And the lights! Argh! Two blue ones next to each other! Nooo! I know most people stress over the right gifts or the dinner with relatives but for me it's the &$#@ tree! But...I do like the artificial ones because I can put each branch EXACTLY where I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    I use to have a real tree, but this year I have decide to buy a artificial tree. Because I have doggies and
    it's easier with a artificial.
    We have used artificial tree for the last few years, it's difficult with a couple of dogs.

When artificial trees came out I was appalled at what the world was coming to. I still am but not about artificial Christmas trees so much, especially ones that look very realistic and since they pay for themselves. It makes sense to me. I have a 4' tree which fits well in the crowded living room. It's all good. I like the idea of the pine scented candles Sundrop mentioned, too.

I grew up with the hassles (and fun) of cutting down a real tree, but with pets in the house an artificial tree is all I've used as an adult. This year my wife bought these scented sticks that you hang in the tree to make it smell like a real pine tree.

Whwn I ws a kid we always had a real tree, but since I moved to Ireland we've always had artificial. You don't have to constantly clean upfallen needles and a little squirt of fragrance gives it a nice smell. By the way, we had a cat that liked climbing the artifical one, so if your cat is determined enough it won't make any difference.

What was it that I said about my critters being content to lay under the tree? I came home from walking the kids to school and found one of the cats batting around a bulb, and when I took it away from him he decided to "defend his turf" and took his frustration out on the dog when he tried to lay down under there.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    What was it that I said about my critters being content to lay under the tree? I came home from walking the kids to school and found one of the cats batting around a bulb, and when I took it away from him he decided to "defend his turf" and took his frustration out on the dog when he tried to lay down under there.
    Ahhhhhh, the joys of the Christmas season............

Real trees. Definitely real trees. Out of necessity (mostly financial) I've been relying on a six foot artificial I bought in 2006 for 30 dollars. This year, fortunately, I'll be returning to the trees of my childhood. Not only do real ones smell better, feel nicer and look more natural, they instill a great deal of nostalgia for my childhood christmases where our real pine tree would be decked out in classic ornaments and decorations I fashioned in elementary school.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast