This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

Default Re: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

Artifical we have a household full of allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by gniknehpets View Post
    I am such a Scrooge! I dislike decorating whatever kind of tree we put up. I am way too fussy (That's a nice word for what I really am) and it's never right. I drive myself and my husband nuts. I'm constantly moving an ornament over 1/2 an inch to balance things. And the lights! Argh! Two blue ones next to each other! Nooo! I know most people stress over the right gifts or the dinner with relatives but for me it's the &$#@ tree! But...I do like the artificial ones because I can put each branch EXACTLY where I want it.
    A friend of mine posted on FB that she left her two kids alone a week ago, her 9yo son and 15yo (I think) daughter. Well, of course the daughter was doing her own thing, so when my friend came back home, her mostly-unsupervised son had put all the ornaments on the tree and used the outdoor netting lights you put on bushes. So she said, "Well, that's how it's staying until it comes down."

Real real real.

Most trees these days are from sustainable farms and it's often the one time a year a family farm makes money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Real real real.

Most trees these days are from sustainable farms and it's often the one time a year a family farm makes money.
    Good point.

I like real trees the best. But due to the cost involved with that, it'll be an artificial tree at my house again this year. Not as pretty and doesn't smell as nice, but it'll be okay.

We've always had artificial trees. The first tree I remember was silver with the rotating colored light that sat at the base.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac61 View Post
    We've always had artificial trees. The first tree I remember was silver with the rotating colored light that sat at the base.
    I have never had an artificial tree but I do have to say that the idea of a hot pink tree really does appeal to me!

Fake, and the fakey-er the better. (I don't know why, usually I'm a big old hippie, but I love big garish Christmas trees!)

The last couple of years we've had a big white one. We got it out this year, and our black cat climbed up it to hide. Um, that's not working for you, Spooky!

We used to live near the place in Boulder where they'd chop up the Christmas trees. It was so much fun to go there in the summer to get mulch and find tinsel in it.

We always had real trees when I was growing up. I loathed the idea of artificial trees. But, after 30 or so years of cleaning up pine needles stuck in the nape of carpets six months after Christmas ends, I swallowed my pride and bought a nice 4 foot fake tree with lights at Walmart last year. It works for me! I do like the smell of a live tree but can always get some pine scented candles. I REALLY like the smell of those cinnamon scented brooms or pine cones!

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    A friend of mine posted on FB that she left her two kids alone a week ago, her 9yo son and 15yo (I think) daughter. Well, of course the daughter was doing her own thing, so when my friend came back home, her mostly-unsupervised son had put all the ornaments on the tree and used the outdoor netting lights you put on bushes. So she said, "Well, that's how it's staying until it comes down."
    I love this. Love it!

When my dad was moving, in the pile of stuff he was throwing away was the Manger set he and my mom bought in the 50's. The actual Manger he had thrown out, but all the people were still there. However the kids set it up is how it stayed for Christmas. My husband had a hard time accepting that the kids were allowed to play with it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast