Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

Default Re: Christmas Trees - Real or Artificial?

I just finished decorating a fake 12' tree with my mother. Normally I'd buy a live one but I'm at my parents' home for the holidays. I helped my mom buy the tree they own four years ago and it paid itself off the first year they owned it.

In a perfect world I'd have a real blue spruce.

Live tree is always much better ,even if after xmas the room is full of branches , but anyway fake tree makes room full of dust too , so its the same thing !
    But then...... you can keep the fake tree for years and years without having to buy every year a new one or cutting down trees ...
    ok, thats complicated :P
    Well, in Greece where i live some people decorate small boats instead of xmas trees, but I have to admit I prefer live tree ! Its just a MUST everyone love!

This year I plan to buy a tree from the local Scouts and Beavers.
    ...OK, I give-when did the Scouts start sub-contracting with THESE guys???...

...with three dogs and a cat in the house-plus a curious three year old grandson-we use an artificial tree for the nonce...trouble always is, dogs wanna use it as a porta-john, the cat thinks the top of it is her very own sniper post and i'm just praying the grandson doesn't end up with tinsel hangin' out his butt...

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

We used to go out and cut a tree every year, it was tradition, every since I was a little girl. But these past 5 years or so I've felt bad that we have to cut down a living tree instead of letting it grow to be a beautiful big tree so we have traded that for an artificial tree. It's all about recycling and the kids still have fun with it. I miss the real trees, but I have some real pines growing in my yard, so I don't have far to go to see one if I want.

Artificial. I love the idea of a really tree, but not the hassle.

Also we have a snowshoe kitten (he's a year and a half) who is like 5 kittens rolled into one. So we have a 4 ft tree taped onto a end table off by itself to make it as difficult as possible for him to get to it. He's insane. A good cat, but cray cray. The current tree is black, because both my husband and I love obnoxious trees (the kitten demolished the purple on last year).

I would LOVE a real tree like we had growing up, but my friggin husbands allergies deny me year after year.

The way I see it, I have two options.

I can let him suffer for a month. After all, I suffer year round on Dirty Sock Duty, so I don't feel that's entirely unreasonable.

Or, he can move out for the month of December, pop some allergy meds so he can scoot back in for Christmas morning, and be on his way.

But I guess I'll do what I always do, which is use our ugly fake tree.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    Also we have a snowshoe kitten
    I did not know what a snowshoe kitten was so I googled it and hit "images." It was the highlight of my day. I highly recommend everyone do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I did not know what a snowshoe kitten was so I googled it and hit "images." It was the highlight of my day. I highly recommend everyone do this.
    Why, I have never googled a kitten in my life! Isn't this supposed to be in an other thread??? Sorry, feeling abit naughty today, please forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Their cat is very cute. But he's kind of a turd.

Specifically, here's my snowshoe kitten, Percival, and his old man companion Kramer. Don't let the slightly dumb glazed expression fool you; he is intelligent, conniving and crazy.

Really, he's probably much more like a Siamese in personality, and he knows how to play up the "I'm a cute kitten" when he's been bad. He's fun though. Crazy. But fun.

He's also a rescue, and when we adopted him we thought he was going to be easy going and calm, but he was just deathly sick. After he got better (after a month of multiple medications), he's been zooming around like a madman ever since.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast