Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Little green God of Agony comic - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little green God of Agony comic

Default Re: Little green God of Agony comic

[QUOTE=fushingfeef;556006]Fantastic finish today! I was confused for a second because I didn't have my browser open for full widescreen, so some of the panels were cut off and it didn't make sense. I figured it out!

Then maybe you can explain it to me, please. I have read the last installment a few times and just don't get it.

Then maybe you can explain it to me, please. I have read the last installment a few times and just don't get it.
    ...To quote from the book in which it was published(A Book of Horrors-St. Martin's Press)..."The Little Green God of Agony" is a tribute to the classic monster and old dark house stories....."Monsters are real", says King. "and ghosts too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win.".....

good quote Giant. I had to step back a sec and then the light bulb came on. talk about a 'gotcha'-absolutely loved it! thankee Sai King. the master's pen strikes again

Am I the only person that has no idea what happened? I don't get it. So the "rev" cast the pain out (the little green ball), it attacked other people in the room, then someone steps on it, and it disappears. Who died? The rich guy or the rev or someone else? I was ok with that story up until page 23 or so and then it was like WTF? Please, someone take 5 min to explain the ending to me. It would be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by MemnochTheDevil View Post
    Am I the only person that has no idea what happened? I don't get it. So the "rev" cast the pain out (the little green ball), it attacked other people in the room, then someone steps on it, and it disappears. Who died? The rich guy or the rev or someone else? I was ok with that story up until page 23 or so and then it was like WTF? Please, someone take 5 min to explain the ending to me. It would be a great help.
    You pretty much got it. The problem you're having is not your own; it's simply that what works in prose doesn't always work when translated into another medium, and I think that's what happened with this adaptation.

For the record,

Rideout died; Newsome did not.

No Memnoch - I'm with you. I don't remember the story so without it as a reference, it almost seems like there is a missing page between 23 & 24.

With respect to the artist who posted here, knowing the story should not be a pre-requisite in order to understand the comic. I enjoyed the story up until page 23 but after that it is unclear what happened. I can't even be sure of which order to read the last page.

...the Rev expired, but the "pain" did not...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...To quote from the book in which it was published(A Book of Horrors-St. Martin's Press)..."The Little Green God of Agony" is a tribute to the classic monster and old dark house stories....."Monsters are real", says King. "and ghosts too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win.".....
    I've read and reread the ending to the strip multiple times. Let me get this straight,

the LGGofA came out of Andrew Newsome and went into someone else in the dark? That's it?

Okay, massive spoilers here:

At the end, here's what happens to each of the characters:
    Rich guy Andrew Newsome has been cured (look at that smile on his face).
    The Reverend Rideout has died, presumably heart strain from performing this "exorcism" of sorts.
    Kat/Katherine MacDonald, Newsome's nurse, has learned that pain really is real and tangible, in short she has learned that she didn't know everything about pain that she thought she did. She also learned that unreal things can be real. This is the most important character arc of the story!

Jensen (Newsome's personal assistant) has sprayed himself in the eyes with pepper spray.
    Melissa had the Little Green God of Agony start to go into her body through her eye, but had it knocked out by Kat, who then stomped on it to kill it.
    But in the very last panel we learn that it has not been killed, and is alive, and is sitting on Kat's hand, in the dark. This is just a classic "BOO!" cliff-hanger ending to a scary story.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Okay, massive spoilers here:

At the end, here's what happens to each of the characters:
    Rich guy Andrew Newsome has been cured (look at that smile on his face).
    The Reverend Rideout has died, presumably heart strain from performing this "exorcism" of sorts.
    Kat/Katherine MacDonald, Newsome's nurse, has learned that pain really is real and tangible, in short she has learned that she didn't know everything about pain that she thought she did. She also learned that unreal things can be real. This is the most important character arc of the story!

Jensen (Newsome's personal assistant) has sprayed himself in the eyes with pepper spray.
    Melissa had the Little Green God of Agony start to go into her body through her eye, but had it knocked out by Kat, who then stomped on it to kill it.
    But in the very last panel we learn that it has not been killed, and is alive, and is sitting on Kat's hand, in the dark. This is just a classic "BOO!" cliff-hanger ending to a scary story.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast