This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little green God of Agony comic

Default Re: Little green God of Agony comic

Thanks, fushing feef.

I have never read the original story. I only got the part of Kat 'learning' a lesson, since that was what a lot of the earlier exposition was about.

I wish they somehow had found a better way to do the ending, apart from that I liked it. Thanks for posting it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Okay, massive spoilers here:

At the end, here's what happens to each of the characters:
    Rich guy Andrew Newsome has been cured (look at that smile on his face).
    The Reverend Rideout has died, presumably heart strain from performing this "exorcism" of sorts.
    Kat/Katherine MacDonald, Newsome's nurse, has learned that pain really is real and tangible, in short she has learned that she didn't know everything about pain that she thought she did. She also learned that unreal things can be real. This is the most important character arc of the story!

Jensen (Newsome's personal assistant) has sprayed himself in the eyes with pepper spray.
    Melissa had the Little Green God of Agony start to go into her body through her eye, but had it knocked out by Kat, who then stomped on it to kill it.
    But in the very last panel we learn that it has not been killed, and is alive, and is sitting on Kat's hand, in the dark. This is just a classic "BOO!" cliff-hanger ending to a scary story.
    Got it. Thank you! It's pretty much what I thought. I'm still disappointed by the story though. Fushingfeef, may I ask: did you get this all just from reading the comic or did you read it in short story form as well?

I haven't read the short story, this was all in the comic.

that was my understanding of the story as well fushingfeef. but I was disappointed in the visual representation of the last panel...but thats just my own thinking and I'm not the expert certainly. it is artistic expression so I cant boo-hoo that. overall I totally enjoyed it

I haven't read the short story, this was all in the comic.
    Like I said, I got the gist of it. I guess I am not a comic fan...at least beyond Casper, Archie, Richie Rich, etc.

Thank you!!! I appreciate the thorough synopsis.

...Bob nailed it, and was much more direct than I-I was attempting to lead the horse to water, so to speak...

Yes, thanks Bob. I had pieced it together much as you laid it out. The preacher dying in the midst of all that commotion really muddles the clarity of the ending.

Okay, massive spoilers here:

At the end, here's what happens to each of the characters:
    Rich guy Andrew Newsome has been cured (look at that smile on his face).
    The Reverend Rideout has died, presumably heart strain from performing this "exorcism" of sorts.
    Kat/Katherine MacDonald, Newsome's nurse, has learned that pain really is real and tangible, in short she has learned that she didn't know everything about pain that she thought she did. She also learned that unreal things can be real. This is the most important character arc of the story!

Jensen (Newsome's personal assistant) has sprayed himself in the eyes with pepper spray.
    Melissa had the Little Green God of Agony start to go into her body through her eye, but had it knocked out by Kat, who then stomped on it to kill it.
    But in the very last panel we learn that it has not been killed, and is alive, and is sitting on Kat's hand, in the dark. This is just a classic "BOO!" cliff-hanger ending to a scary story.
    Oh, wait ... I thought (and I read the story before the comic)

that Rideout had his own all along and that it came out of him when he died, and that that was the one crawling onto Kat's hand. I couldn't decide if he'd known something like that would happen or not.
    And now I am not sure what the heck happened.

Any news of a printed edition of this comic?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast