Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Baby News for Great Britain - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby News for Great Britain

Default Re: Baby News for Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Nope she won't, but IV fluids could cause other problems, especially oedema which can affect various organs in the body.

IVT is not the quick fix for dehydration that most people think it is.
    'Tis true. Hopefully her age, general good health, and access to care will help everything turn out okay. And of course it would be nice if that were true for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I haven't checked it out yet, but some Aussies from a radio station down under have called the hospital pretending to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. It's a radio prank, of course. I will have to listen to it later when I have more time as I think it's about four minutes long.
    Haven't listened to it and have no intention of doing so. I read they gave a half assed apology on air but have since continued to make fun of the incident. I wonder if they are still laughing now the nurse who took the phone call has killed herself?! ********s!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/07/duchess-cambridge-hoax-call-nurse-found-dead

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Haven't listened to it and have no intention of doing so. I read they gave a half assed apology on air but have since continued to make fun of the incident. I wonder if they are still laughing now the nurse who took the phone call has killed herself?! ********s!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/07/duchess-cambridge-hoax-call-nurse-found-dead
    I won't listen to the call recording, either...and I'm horrified by the Saldanha suicide. That is sooooooooooooooooooo sad. Did you know her, Ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I won't listen to the call recording, either...and I'm horrified by the Saldanha suicide. That is sooooooooooooooooooo sad. Did you know her, Ally?
    Aww no, it just saddens me that she is reported to have been a good nurse and a careless stunt like this has ended in such tragedy.

Okay, I started talking to Ally about this on our pages but I thought I'd pop my thoughts on over here.

I think this whole thing is awful. BUT..... I have been reprimanded at work and not committed suicide. There had to have been something else going on.

I did listen to the call and, frankly, she should have checked a little more before just doling out the information. In no way did it sound real. For goodness sake the woman DJ said, "Can I talk to my grandaughter Kate?" No last name, no name given, and the information came pouring out.

Don't get me wrong at all - I have made incredibly stupid mistakes at work and I have suffered for them. I understand how this happened. But I do think suicide is a bit drastic.

I also think that it (minus the suicide) is a good thing because it opened up the eyes of the hospital to see where privacy was lax. I don't really know that I think the DJ's did anything wrong.

I do, though, feel devastated for the woman. To be in a place where you can take your own life - well, I can't even imagine. I wish she had found some peace but I can't imagine that it was just this that lead to it. I hope she has found some peace now.

I doubt it was just this incident that led to her suicide either, but often it takes only one thing to be the catalyst that tips somebody over the edge. Some people are very good at hiding their problems, we may never know if there was anything else that contributed to her death. Like most nurses over here she was probably overworked, overly stressed, underpaid and felt undervalued, and that's without possible personal issues being taken into account.

This hoax was international news...I can't even imagine how embarrassing that would feel, but I bet she felt incompetent at her job. Confidentiality is a big part of our NMC Code and breaching that is a sackable offence and enough to lose a nurse her registration. (I know a damn good nurse who this happened to!) Despite the hospital's claims they were supportive she will have been reprimanded, and probably feared for her job/future because it was such a publicised error of judgement.

This is totally shocking. Horrible news.

It's not funny anymore. Well, for me, it wasn't really that funny to begin with, but now with what's happened it has become so sad. I really do feel for the nurse's family! What a horrible tragedy! I just don't know what should be done to the two dj's who made the call? It really was done in all innocence. I saw the female dj talking (before the Nurse died) and she said that they were all very surprised to be put through to Kate's room and since she hadn't expected it she had no idea what to say. But, it's just not funny anymore.

Such sad and tragic news. My heart goes out to the friends and family of the nurse, may she be at peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...she needs to be introduced to Count Von Phenergan, The Duchess of Zofran or Lady Lorazepam....
    I used to hang out with Lady Lorazepam but after awhile her soporific effects started to wear off... She is not someone to have a long term relationship with but now and then I visit her when I need to

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast