Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Baby News for Great Britain - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Baby News for Great Britain

Default Re: Baby News for Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Good point. Eye of the beholder and all that. But if you're going to skirt the edges of good taste as a chosen profession, you must be prepared to take responsibility for the consequences. Even SK has declined to republish Rage.
    Ah, but they ARE taking responsibility. Show was cancelled, they are giving the family buckets of money, what else would you like? Blood?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    This incident annoys me more because as nurses we have a bloody hard enough job to do without people deliberately wasting our time!

I've always felt any hoax phone call to the emergency services--hospitals, police, fire departments--should be frowned upon.
    I couldn't agree with these two statements more. It's against the law to prank 911 (emergency services) here, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Ah, but they ARE taking responsibility. Show was cancelled, they are giving the family buckets of money, what else would you like? Blood?
    The show hasn't been cancelled, they are taking time off air until things calm down. They also haven't gave money to the family, the company are going to donate $300,000 to a charity of the family's choice. A gesture which I personally feel is far too soon to make since the family are undeniably upset/angry. Donating large amounts of money does not compare to the cost of a person's life, no amount could ever be enough. Every "public" action the radio station is making is in the name of damage limitation because they know it was illegal to broadcast the call without the hospital's/nurses consent.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Those two nurses could have very easily lost their jobs/registration and all because of a malicious prank.

I've always felt any hoax phone call to the emergency services--hospitals, police, fire departments--should be frowned upon.

If not a celebrity or any kind of public figure that makes a livin' on puttin' your azzzz out there, you used to be exempt from this kind of crap, it's always been heavily frowned upon in any media to be monkeyin' around all willy nilly with the lives and livelihoods of everyday folks, especially the average blue collar working stiff, which regardless of being college educated and total professionals yada yada, nurses, they definitely are.
    I find it hard, nay, impossible, to believe a radio station of seasoned professionals missed that little gem, and my hope now is that each and every person involved in this bad bidness, has to resort to sellin' cremation insurance for pets door to door for their meager bucket o' tarnished ducats, as they've proved, at least to me, the lot of 'em simply don't deserve anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Personally? I would like for everyone to be thoughtful. I know right?

No really: what I would like to see is a genuine apology on the part of the radio station CEO. And I would also like to hear him publicly take responsibility on his shoulders, which is where it belongs. Something like this: "Dear internets: Please stop blaming the DJs. Though they did make the initial call, they actually had no say in whether that call was broadcast. That was my job. While the nurse's death was not predictable, it is true that the other grand poobahs and I allowed our desire for fame and publicity to not only compromise our human decency but also possibly run afoul of the law, since we did not obtain permission from the nurses or the hospital or the royal family for any of this to be broadcast. Essentially, we figured there would perhaps be a small stink that would blow over and even that we might be fined but that the publicity from the stunt would outweigh that result. Unfortunately, that is not what happened, and I am deeply sorry not only for knowingly taking advantage of service workers who are always there for us when we are injured or ill as well as compromising the privacy of a hospital patient, but also for unknowingly contributing to the death of a hard-working nurse. Everyone involved at our radio station is taking an unpaid leave of absence to think about what we've done and to try to become better human beings."

I know. I know. But a girl can dream. I am big on genuine apologies, and I can smell a fake one from a mile away.

Ally - I am getting very different information than you are:

and the radio station has since suspended deejays Michael Christian and Mel Greig, and canned their show.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2EmFa6nUN

The station said it would donate profits for a fund to help Saldanha’s family.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2EmFyNjEu

The company said that all profits made from the ads until the end of the year would be donated to "an appropriate fund that will directly benefit the family of Jacintha Saldanha."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ead-nurse?lite

I also think in one of those articles they discuss the station legal team checked into it before airing it.

Todash - I would really like that as well. I really would. I would also love to see an apology from the 8,000 other news organizations that spread that this happened and made it a worldwide thing when it really could have just been contained to Australia. It was also their call to make it such a big deal.

But I do like the apology a lot. And do I think honest apologies are more important than money.

I will read those links later Shasta, thanks. What you've said isn't what has been stated on the news reports I watched here earlier so I look forward to checking them out.

I will read those links later Shasta, thanks. What you've said isn't what has been stated on the news reports I watched here earlier so I look forward to checking them out.
    I'm not surprised we're hearing different things. I've seen stories reported differently many, many times so I'm never sure what's what! (Sorry about your knee, btw!)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTallSally View Post
    Oh, so they had sex. Big deal. There are more important things in the world to worry about than a princess getting knocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Unforseen circumstances, right?
    Spidey is a SHE? Who knew? I always thought Spidey was a HE

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast