Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So...it is getting close to Christmas...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So...it is getting close to Christmas...

Default So...it is getting close to Christmas...

Yes, it is that time of year again. Christmas. The countdown has begun are you ready for the big day? Have you started your shopping? I have started with the stocking stuffers this time. What is the big item if any on your personal list? No biggies here this year except for the new cat that my daughter adopted last Saturday from the shelter where she volunteers. I see some of you are comparing real trees to artificial. Mine is fake, plastic, none-shedding, glimmering fiber optic, still cat attracting and non-smelling. I personally don't want much, except for socks, that stand up to my toes-I go through the toes on mine like water through a sieve. The husband requested socks too. For some reason his had holes in the toes too. A nice family dinner would be great with all of the trimmings, don't forget the shortbread cookies or the dumpling with rum-butter. I would like peace for all and happiness and prosperity for those less fortunate. That about sums it up for me.

Default Re: So...it is getting close to Christmas...

My wife buys all the Christmas presents for the kids, and we don't get each other anything any more, except a few little stocking stuffers. So, I procrastinate with what little I do have to get. Luckily I work in town so I have lots of shopping options on my lunch breaks.

Okay, do you have werewolf toenails? This happens at our house because my youngest son has werewolf toenails. Which grosses me out beyond belief.

I've started shopping, wrapping and decorating. I've had a couple of setbacks, but moving ahead albiet a little slower than I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by heismyking View Post
    Yes, it is that time of year again. Christmas. The countdown has begun are you ready for the big day? Have you started your shopping? I have started with the stocking stuffers this time. What is the big item if any on your personal list? No biggies here this year except for the new cat that my daughter adopted last Saturday from the shelter where she volunteers. I see some of you are comparing real trees to artificial. Mine is fake, plastic, none-shedding, glimmering fiber optic, still cat attracting and non-smelling. I personally don't want much, except for socks, that stand up to my toes-I go through the toes on mine like water through a sieve. The husband requested socks too. For some reason his had holes in the toes too. A nice family dinner would be great with all of the trimmings, don't forget the shortbread cookies or the dumpling with rum-butter. I would like peace for all and happiness and prosperity for those less fortunate. That about sums it up for me.

Oh, I'm also known as Hygiene Santa. Which my kids think is funnier than hell. i stuff stockings with lots of personal hygiene things. I think this year I made add condoms.

I've wrapped a bunch of my son's gifts in Jewish wrapping paper. (we are not Jewish but it was pretty paper.) And, I am known to give Spanish xmas cards to people who don't speak Spanish. Hey, Christmas needs to be fun and goofy.

For me it is the beauty. I love all of the christmas lights and the snow that accompanys it. I make fruitcakes and chocolates. When I was a child in Newfoundland, my gran would have goose on Christmas day...with a roast of pork and beef. My mom would have turkey when it was her turn to cook. THere was midnight mass with homemade soup after. Then there was Mummering during the season.

I am so not ready! I'm having a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit this year. I am a great procrastinator though so I will get it all done by the big day.

Staro - what's Mummering?

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    For me it is the beauty. I love all of the christmas lights and the snow that accompanys it. I make fruitcakes and chocolates. When I was a child in Newfoundland, my gran would have goose on Christmas day...with a roast of pork and beef. My mom would have turkey when it was her turn to cook. THere was midnight mass with homemade soup after. Then there was Mummering during the season.
    Did you have fish and brewse growing up?

I live far away from family members so it's always gift cards, gift cards, gift cards! Easy breezy! I do buy little things for some of my co-workers, nothing major. Haven't started decorating yet. I usually do that about a week before Christmas. That way, they can stay up thru the New Year!

A lot of my Christmas shopping was done by the end of November. But I'll still get a few more things somewhere along the way. I figure that whatever money isn't going to bills is going to Christmas stuff. That's just how I roll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast