This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seniors Decry Ban On Their Christmas Tree

Default Re: Seniors Decry Ban On Their Christmas Tree

Terminator T - Yes, you are correct in all aspects. Last year the atheist group actually got MORE spots than the church group yet they still fought to have them banned.

Well, someone donated prviate property to the church and now all the scenes are up and the atheists can't get in. If they had just calmed down they could have kept getting their message together as well.

Atom - You are also 100% correct. Hypocrisy. Personally, I'm an agnostic - I don't know and I don't think I'll ever know and I really just want everyone to be as happy as they can be and as kind as they can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Terminator T - Yes, you are correct in all aspects. Last year the atheist group actually got MORE spots than the church group yet they still fought to have them banned.

Well, someone donated prviate property to the church and now all the scenes are up and the atheists can't get in. If they had just calmed down they could have kept getting their message together as well.

Atom - You are also 100% correct. Hypocrisy. Personally, I'm an agnostic - I don't know and I don't think I'll ever know and I really just want everyone to be as happy as they can be and as kind as they can be!
    I am curious - what does an atheist put up to display belief in nothing (or in no God or higher power or whatever?)

Someone has put up a rather large display next to the freeway of a set of stairs going up to a cross. It is lit up at night. It has been there day-in day-out for about a year and a half. The cross is probably about 6 feet tall, I can't really tell when I'm driving by at 65 miles per hour. It gives me a sense of peace. I keep wondering how long it will be until *someone* decides it's offensive (or an impedement on their religion) and makes the owner of the property remove it? Things are really, really getting out of hand!!!

Just does not seem right. The real meaning of this Holiday Season is getting lost more and more. Wonder what the Senior Complex officials would say if they put up a display of wash mops with tinsel and light strings around it. Just not right to take the joy away from these Seniors. Grinch for sure.

Kirk and Spock had this figured out a long time ago..the needs of the many,outweigh the needs of the few,or of the one..in other words those selfish bastards that are forcing this stuff on innocent people,on the majority,who have lived with these trappings all their lives,can go suck an egg as far as I am concerned..

I would think an old-folks' home would be the last place to ban religious expression. WTF else have those folks got to hang onto?

Maybe Charles Burnside will take care of the managers who made the decision...

...here's where the seniors all need to band together, save up their Metamucil-bake a cake and send it to the sh**heads who came up with this @#$#%^&*!@##$ "rule"...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...here's where the seniors all need to band together, save up their Metamucil-bake a cake and send it to the sh**heads who came up with this @#$#%^&*!@##$ "rule"...
    Now that's an idea I can get behind.................!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I am curious - what does an atheist put up to display belief in nothing (or in no God or higher power or whatever?)
    Ha that reminds me of the old Boys Town,with Spencer Tracy and Mickey Rooney and the kid tells Mickey,"Father lets us all pray,in our own way,Catholic,Protestant,Jewish,or whatever..and if you want to be nothing,why you just go on and be nothing,no one cares.."

I think the biggest problem that government offices have is, if they allow one religion to display stuff, they have to allow them all, since the government has no official religion. It's not enough that Christianity is currently the most popular religion in this country (or is it? I could be talking out of my butt on that). Being that anyone can start a religion about anything and file some paperwork and be officially recognized as a religion, they would have to be prepared to see some pretty outrageous displays.

Now, in the case of this privately owned apartment complex, the owners can legally set whatever rules they want, but they do have to be prepared for the fallout (and negative publicity) of that decision. I feel bad for the residents because they don't have the flexibility to just move to another apartment. This isn't like choosing a different restaurant because one has a rule not allowing children--many of these people are likely living there because it's the only place they can afford, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast