Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Seniors Decry Ban On Their Christmas Tree - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seniors Decry Ban On Their Christmas Tree

Default Re: Seniors Decry Ban On Their Christmas Tree

It might affect their future business, though, but hopefully they'll realize that they made a mistake in judgment and change their policy. The least they could have done was take a survey of their residents and then if there were any objections find a way to accommodate people's wishes. This is a case of political correctness and lack of common sense going way over the line IMO.

I heard a commentator say that atheists, who believe there's no God, have what they believe on display on virtually every street corner. There's Nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I am curious - what does an atheist put up to display belief in nothing (or in no God or higher power or whatever?)
    There was one that just had a banner with some little figures that said "What do the Easter Bunny, Jesus, and Santa all have in common? They're all made up by man." Or something like that. I can't say I paid too much attention to the atheist ones.

Christmas Tree NOT Banned IN Washington................Lighting of The NATIONAL Christmas Tree..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ashington.html

I cannot understand why some folks want to rid the world of beauty. I do not think a christmas tree would cause folks much misery and grief. I know some Jewish friends who actually put up a christmas tree along with their own celebrations. Their children expect it. These folks say they are doubly blessed. One doesnt have to believe in order to enjoy this wonderful holiday. I get my beer at a liquor store up the street and I went there last christmas season to buy some wine for the dinner. It was Christmas eve and the straff were all wearing santa hats. These people are from the middle east and arent Christian but they were having a lovely time. It is mostly the politically correct folks who cause the problem. Ordinary people of every creed just go about their business.

Do they have piped in music as well - e.g. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin?

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I cannot understand why some folks want to rid the world of beauty. I do not think a christmas tree would cause folks much misery and grief. I know some Jewish friends who actually put up a christmas tree along with their own celebrations. Their children expect it. These folks say they are doubly blessed. One doesnt have to believe in order to enjoy this wonderful holiday. I get my beer at a liquor store up the street and I went there last christmas season to buy some wine for the dinner. It was Christmas eve and the straff were all wearing santa hats. These people are from the middle east and arent Christian but they were having a lovely time. It is mostly the politically correct folks who cause the problem. Ordinary people of every creed just go about their business.
    My husband's dad did that for him (Jewish). He said (and still says), "A tree is not going to affect my son's faith." Though, my husband is pretty non-religious (as is his father) so I'm not sure this counts. And my Jehovah's Witness grandmother (and the most perfect person who ever existed) celebrated birthdays and holidays after I was born because she said there was no way Jesus wouldn't want her to celebrate her love for her family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123